Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tell me how does it feel
When your heart grows cold

I've been sick lately. Nauseated. Totally stressed. I'd love to get more sleep but the Kid had other ideas, thinking 5am was an excellent time to get up this morning. I just wanted another hour of sleep so I went against better judgement and let him sleep with me. Mistake. As I closed my eyes, laid my head on my cool pillow and drifted off, all I heard was a faint tiny voice saying: "I've.........been working on the railroad..................all........the livelong................................day." Good god.

We couldn't get up to play since we have guests right now, so I told him I'd take him to the one place that is open at 5am. Krispy Kreme. He loves the process more than the product. Watching the dough tumble into the oil then run under the wall of glaze is endless fun for him.

For Valentine's Day they had PINK heart donuts! I love the pink, but my favorite is and always will be a maple donut. Mmmm.

He got his free hat and donut (they only give free ones to kids now, suckas) and we headed home. On the way, he decided to sing me a song that he made up: "KKK, Krispy...KREME! KKK, yeah Krispy Kreme!" Needless to say, I don't think they will be calling him to use that theme song to endorse their product.
.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Mmm....donuts...

Sunday, February 11, 2007 1:26:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Maybe he's channeling Joey Ramone?
"the KKK took my baby away!"

Sunday, February 11, 2007 1:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home