Tuesday, February 27, 2007

You know our love was meant to be.
The kind of love that lasts forever.

I am having a lack of inspiration lately. When I design and need to think up something new, the cureall is usually to lie down and close my eyes. I often get up in the middle of the night, sketch something and go back to sleep. Not so much, recently.

I usually find inspiration everywhere. I buy little toys, or keep pieces of fabric, sometimes even the colors of cupcakes I see in a bakery, all these things I keep on the backburner in my mind to someday bring forward and design something where it all comes together. That...is not happening as of late. I am really at a loss here.

On a related note, today I decided to swing by Target to check on my cards, and there was a woman standing in front of them, with a clipboard. It seems she was taking a tally of how well the greeting cards were doing. I told her sheepishly that, hey - I designed those and how were they doing, exactly? She said that they were doing great and a lot were sold out so she'd be reordering all of them! I told her, "I hope it wasn't just my mother who bought them all." She laughed really hard, but, uh, I wasn't kidding.

9 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

You should have instead told the clipboard lady, "MY FRIENDS AND I LOOOOOVE THESE CARDS! WHAT A UNIQUE AND TALENTED DESIGNER!"

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:03:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Hahhaha nanette.

You should of also told her that you WISHED you could buy them at more of the targets!

Cerritos one doesn't have them :-/

I was going to buy all of them, and then i'd be set for your christmas/bday/kids bdays/etc for the rest of my life.

bRu

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger BeckyD said...

I'm guessing your mother is making the rounds because I've been to Targets in Mo, KY, TN, GA, and FL and I didn't see them, although in my defense, we were in a bit of a rush...so I didn't spend a lot of time looking.

BUT I didn look for them!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Damn. Completely forgot to see if our Target had them. Oh well, I know I'll be back before the week's out.

Love the mom comment ... hehe. So so true.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

look, tell you mother to stay out of my Target...it's MINE! I would like a card or two myself...if I could find them!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

even if your cards were only in one Target in bangladesh - I'd still be very excited for you.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

They didn't have them at the Culver City one either...I looked REAL hard the last time I was there (a couple weeks ago)! Boo!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Yo Bro said...

If you made cards with my picture on them, would I get a royalty?

If so, you should make some new cards with my picture on them.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

You would not get a royalty. You would get free cards. With your face on them.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home