Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

My Grandpa is turning 90 this week. My mom said she found a birthday card for him. How many of those "HEY, YOU'RE 90!" cards do you think they sell a year? I'd bet it's a small market. What do you get a 90 year old? The same thing you'd get a one year old I assume. Soft foods and diapers.

We're supposed to have a party. But seeing as how my Grandpa hates all people, I don't know what we will be doing. I know that O.G. has said that SHE wants waffles. I don't think my grandpa even eats waffles, therefore you can bet we are having waffles. What is it with this family and waffles??
It is also my mom's birthday. I got her a jar of her fave Rotkohl, pickled red cabbage, because we are German like that. While at the German market I couldn't resist buying Kinder-Eggs. I love those things.
When I lived in Italy for a short while, I loved Kinder-Eggs, but loved the Perugina chocolate eggs for Easter, even more. Anything you can bust open, really, is a good thing. It's like opening Al Capone's vault but instead of Geraldo finding jack sh*t, you'd find chocolatey goodness and a Smurf.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I thought we couldn't buy those in the U.S. because kids might choke on them or some such $hit.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 6:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

90! Wow!

This is the egg I want!

Thursday, March 08, 2007 12:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home