Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Big fish

Instead of telling you about how I drove myself to the emergency room last night at 2am, only to leave once I realized that I wouldn't be seen - considering other people were close to bleeding out their eyeballs and still had to wait two hours, no, instead I will tell you about food.

It's weird how different these two kids are. The Kid loves pasta, could care less about meat. Meanwhile the Baby is a straight up carnivore. He refuses anything else. It has to be dead animal or nothing. Pork chops, meatloaf, ham, it's kind of tough to keep up with, cooking-wise and financially. If he's only one now, I can't imagine feeding him at 17.

Here is a my recipe for Teriyaki Salmon that even the Kid will eat. Of course for him, I have to disguise it and have a little fun with it. I mix up the salmon with rice and make little musubis in the shape of a boy or a bear or something. He thinks it's fun, and doesn't even realize that I am tricking him. Ha. Sucker.

Teriyaki Salmon recipe, HERE.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

Q: Is that sweet wine the same stuff I use when making sushi rice?

Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Nope, Leah. Sushi rice is made with rice wine vinegar. Mirin is NOT vinegar:
see, here.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

This recipe looks really great. Thanks for sharing it, now I just have to persuade my roommates that deep down inside they really do love salmon!
Abby aka
mennogirl.wordpress.com

Friday, March 16, 2007 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

did you just put 'bleeding out the eyeballs' and 'food' in the same sentence? Okay, as long as the picture was of the food only.

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jane is Dating said...

Ok I make a very similar salmon except I marinade with teriyaki AND maple syrup- makes it sweet and tangy...AND for grownups- I make a pineapple sauce with crushed pineapples, red onions ( alittle bit) mint leaves and ginger...YUM. I'm making it now! :)

Saturday, March 17, 2007 1:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home