Monday, March 12, 2007

Death becomes her

I am miserable. Cranky. Tired. Cry-y. I actually pulled peas out of the freezer and thought to myself, "These peas are depressing me."

This little cold that was nothing, has suddenly turned into SOMETHING. I actually couldn't physically move for four hours today. I thought I had died and no one told me.

What I did while I was sick:
1. Consumed 64oz of lemon-lime Gatorade.
2. Watched the Kid take off his shorts and run in a circle yelling, "Look at me - NO PANTS!"
3. Drank half a bottle of Nyquil. (Didn't do jack.)
4. Cursed the deciders of DAYLIGHT SAVINGS.
5. Gave the remote to the Kid and ended up watching 'Monsters, Inc.' six times.
6. Attempted to eat a cookie. Put it down after one bite. Not wanting to eat cookies is a sure sign of the apocalypse.
7. Coughed all over the kids so that the circle of sick will continue on forever.

It's sad being sick. Especially when your three year old gets you kleenex and pats your back and says, "It's going to be ok, momma." That's just about as depressing as frozen peas.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

Sick be gone! Excuse me while I go hack up another lung.

Hope you're better soon!

Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I just went through a nice rotation of sick here too! Hope you are better soon.

Monday, March 12, 2007 6:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I can relate, but yours is MUCH worse due to having kids. Get well soon.

Monday, March 12, 2007 8:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sick for a few days last month. Bad cold. infected lungs. Couldn't breathe. I was drinking hot toddies left and right, hoping I'd eventually pass out. Didn't happen. Luckily my kids and my husband (sometimes the biggest baby) stayed healthy.
I hope you feel better soon!

Monday, March 12, 2007 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i know what you mean with the circle of sick passing around. i had a bad cold--really bad-- (didn't take anything because i'm still nursing)--my husband got sick, i got well, jason got sick then got better, then got sick again and i'm sure passed it on to his sister- who got really sick but is back to healthy again...
get well soon...it's not fun being sick on a nice day.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home