Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jim:I definitely overhear some wedding preparation...and we both have to hear Dwight order deer urine over the Internet, so it evens out.

Hey amazon.com, you bastards. I order something at the beginning of March and you won't be shipping it until the end of April? What's up with that? The worst thing is, you didn't even have the decency to tell me, I had to snoop around and find out for myself. This is how you treat our relationship? Screw you. I should totally break up with you but I am emo and a sucker for pain, obviously. I'm sorry, baby. Take me back. Please?

Let me instead give you FIVE online stores that I adore and that have never spurned my love:

1. http://www.landofnod.comod.com
Gosh this stuff is cute. It's cute factor is due to it's hom-i-ness in design, and yes, it can be PotteryBarnKids-esque, but don't let that scare you off. It's good quality and most important to me, excellent design. Oh and good return policy. Amen to that.

2. www.barenecessities.com
While I am usually a Victoria's Secret devotee, I do recommend this site for other things that are, well, cheaper. Yes, I know, some people think buying bras and panties online is weird, but I do like this site a lot. Mostly cause it sorts by size quickly.

3. www.target.com
Need I say why? I love me some Target, but the online store actually has a wider variety of products and sometimes cheaper prices. I got the Hello Kitty waffle maker here, 'nough said.

4. www.auntsallys.com
My family is very Southern, what can I say. I bought these pralines for my mom for Mother's Day one year and she said they were great! Mmm. Sugar.
5. www.perpetualkid.comThis place has a bunch of cute things. Think: great unique gifts. I love everything here, it's all completely useless, but boy it will bring a smile to your friend's faces.
There you go. Five internet stores that are a-ok. More 'Five' things coming your way soon. Five kitchen products I adore. Five great cookie recipes. I got a bunch of 'em piled up in draft format. Any other ideas for 'Five...somethings" you wanna hear about from me? Probably not. Fine. You are just like amazon.com. Fickle motherf*ers.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I guess I'm lucky. Everyone else seems to have experienced problems with Amazon and I just haven't. Yet, I'm sure.

I have a Southern Aunt Sally, so I'll have to check out that link.

Friday, March 23, 2007 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

you better love you some Target since they sell your cards!....which I still haven't been able to get! :(

Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

Thanks for the Land of Nod link. They've got some great stuff! We love the 'My Dad's a Geek' onesie. :)

Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:55:00 PM  
Anonymous poppy said...

Twice, I've made up a sob story (loosely based on some ounce of truth) to Amazon about why I needed the products asap. And both times, it worked. Based on your literary skills, I'm sure it'd work for you?

Monday, March 26, 2007 4:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home