Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Loves young dream could be alien, strange ways I would fly

My dreams seem real. There are colors, smells, sounds, tastes. I wake up and think they have actually happened. I am starting to wonder if this trait is passed down. The other night the Kid woke up every hour on the hour (Hi 2:12am. Hello 3:20am. Oh 4:15. Ugh 5:05.) to tell me that 'something was bothering him'. Ew. Creepy. If he starts saying he sees dead people, I am outta here.

While not all traits are genetic, many are learned. I used to think you could only make tuna salad in a plastic bowl. That's how my mom did it. I also noticed that the Kid asks for ketchup for his eggs...something I do...something that my dad did. Man - you can really screw with a child if you wanted to.

Do other people do things the way their parents do? I bet, you just didn't notice it. Now I am starting to wonder what other things I do (besides the swearing) that he will innately pick up...

6 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

hmmm...i have intuition dreams like my mom (sometimes)...i write neatly like my dad and like to keep the kitchen clean like him; i loved my art classes and my dad was quite an artist back when he took some art classes in college; not quite sure yet what the kids will pick up from me...they don't look like me so i hope they get something from me besides the really black hair and brown eyes...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I dream quite vividly and often wake up exhausted and thinking events actually took place.

I'm overly sensitive and emotional like my Mom. The biggest thing is probably clumsiness. My Mom, my sister, and I are always able to discuss our latest stupid injuries, falls, etc. I'm also realizing she's kind of dorky, so maybe I got that from her too.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

My coworkers and I were just talking about this the other day.

Ever since I got my drivers license, I've reset the odometer every time I fill up my gas tank. Why? Because my parents do that, and I grew up thinking it was something everyone did. Apparently not.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:52:00 AM  
Blogger It will pass... said...

My daughter INSISTS on having ketchup with her eggs (something that my husband does). She also insists on calling me toots.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

When I have kids im thinking of teaching them the colors all wrong. It would be comedy gold when their teacher calls a conference trying to figure out why they think Red is Green and Purple is Orange :-)

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:42:00 PM  
Anonymous melina said...

I always use real butter when cooking eggs, scrambled or fried, never any sort of substitute, just like my Mom did.

This post makes me wonder what traits my kids will pick up from me that they won't notice until later.

Thanks for this. Oh, and the salmon recipe too! Yumms!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home