Monday, March 05, 2007

Michael: I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since, I don’t have a butler, I have to do it myself.

I woke up this morning to the sweet sound of pissing. No, I don't have hobos living down the street - the Kid has learned how to move the step stool to the toilet, raise the seat, take a whiz, use toilet paper to clean up, and flush. Gone are the pre-6am cries of "I HAVE TO PEE. HELP ME." He is still too wee to reach the faucet though, so I do have to wake up to help with that. But I don't mind 'cause I don't care if boys don't wash hands, MY BOYS wash their hands.

The Kid is on a waffle kick of mass proportions. He wakes me up with "I WANT WAFFLES, I WANT WAFFLES...PLEASE." Every single morning at 6am. It's the only thing that he willingly eats, so I give him what he wants. We've been having them for dinner too, that is how much he loves him some waffles.

I was waking up at dawn and making them from scratch every morning, until my husband decided that was retarded and went to Costco and bought a giant box of frozen Vans brand ones. Vans were voted #1 by Real Simple for frozen waffle, and I don't blame them, they come out quite nice. However, they are just square and boring, and aren't quite as cute, you see - cause I make mine in the Mickey Mouse waffler. The Kid doesn't give a crap, as long as he can get his waffle on. Me? I miss the cuteness. Even if I have to wake up at 6am. So I just bought this:


That should solve my cuteness problem. Aw, yeah boy! Look for tasty HK waffle pics coming your way!

(The Baby is doing better. Thanks for the emails and comments of concern. Still, he's not 100% yet. He has these inexplicable fits of rage about once a day and since he can't talk I can only wonder and worry what is wrong. )

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

I LOVE that waffle iron! I hadn't seen that one before!


Hey, when I read "waffles for dinner" I remembered a recipe I'd seen on tv. I know those are like frozen waffle sticks, but I'm sure you can make it better. Here is the link . . .

http://www.austin360.com/food_drink/content/food_drink/dining_at_home/stories/2006/03/29pillsbury.html

Monday, March 05, 2007 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I read Vans waffles and thought, "The shoe company makes waffles now???"

And I want that waffle maker! So cute!

Monday, March 05, 2007 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Katie Jean said...

So I just stumbled on your blog and I have to say every entry is making me laugh! Ah, just what I needed on a monday. Thanks!

Monday, March 05, 2007 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I remember that! I have been wanting to enter that bake off for years but...I like to make from scratch, baby.

Monday, March 05, 2007 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hello Kitty waffles must taste extra good! I like some frozen banana waffles I get at Trader Joes. I forget the brand and I'm too lazy to go look.

Monday, March 05, 2007 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

I got that HK Waffle iron as a gift 7 years ago. I used it a couple of times and it's really cute. I finally donated it to Goodwill last year because I needed closet space and I hardly use it. Now you are making me miss it.

Monday, March 12, 2007 8:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home