Saturday, March 03, 2007

Michael: You know what, I feel better. Ryan brought me some chocolate pudding, and his kindness healed my foot.

Guess what? Nothing angers a baby more than being woken up at 5am from a deep sleep and driven off somewhere against his will. I don't blame him. We got to the hospital and they weren't even sure they were going to operate. They were doing his ears you see, and he had to be put out by gas mask. But he had a slight cold, and when they do anesthesia the lungs are collapsed and they weren't sure if he'd...wake up. No mother needs to hear that.

We sat waiting, when they brought another kid into our room. The mom looked at me and said to the nurse, "We want our own room." Hey. I feel you beyotch, but you could have said it nicer. Whatever. Her ugly baby wouldn't shut up so good thing we were left alone.

I think the Baby's nose was running due to crying since we were given the world's most retarded nurse. She put the blood pressure cuff on him, which enraged him as it was, but after 20 minutes of HUH? and him screaming bloody murder, she realized that she forgot to plug it in. That pushed me over the edge. But things cleared up, and he was good to go. When the anesthesiologist came, the Baby was calm. He waved a tiny goodbye to me and that was it. No fuss. No crying. That's when my heart broke. Having my little one year old taken from my arms and watching him go down the hall to surgery was complete heartache.

Later the doctor came back and said all went well, however the baby's ears were much worse than he thought. It was so inflamed that the eardrum was weak and there could have been some real damage had we not done the surgery today. Yikes. Seeing a doctor concerned is never a good thing...

The baby is home. He is bleeding from the ears which is just as disgusting and scary as you can imagine, but he's happy. And that's all that matters. You can already tell that he can hear things that he had never heard before. Like the Kid yelling at 6am, "MOMMY! WAFFLES!...PLEASE!" I think I'd rather be deaf.
.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything turned out ok! :)

Saturday, March 03, 2007 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sorry you had a stupid nurse and a bitchy almost roommate. Just what you need in an already stressful situation. I'm so happy all went well though and hopefully he'll be healthy now!

Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Marci said...

Aww, he looks so cute! Reminds me of when my little boy had eye surgery. He was so cute but sad in his hospital gown.

I hope he's feeling better now. :)

And where in the world did you get his shoes that small? Cuz I've been looking for some type of slip-ons like Vans for my son, can't find anything!

Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:29:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Take care little guy! So glad that everything worked out okay.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pleased and relieved that you're all okay. Best wishes
John

Sunday, March 04, 2007 1:42:00 AM  
Anonymous kristen said...

The boy had to be put under twice thanks to his ears, tonsils and adenoids (that the doc said were "as large as chicken nuggets") and we just found out that his tubes are still there (surgery was 2 years ago) so now he has to go under again. @#$$% Taking a 2 year old who doesn't understand is MUCH EASIER than taking an almost 5 year old who knows what's up. I think I'll make Dad do the dirty work and take him that day. I can't handle it again.

Bitching done and I'm glad your little one (and Mommy, too) got through the surgery a-ok.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger Rokes said...

Glad to hear the Baby is going to be feeling much better! Yay!

Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I buy the kid's VANS at the VANS store, but that's cause they are based in Southern California, so they carry every style and size.

I don't know where you live, but you can also get them on zappos.com and eastbay.com.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

That must have been such a scary day for both of you. I am glad he is all better now!

Sunday, March 04, 2007 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

It's so traumatic for the whole family to go through it but we're glad mommy and the baby are a'ight. :) This is the second story I've heard about this surgery amongst close friends...scary! Hmm, if he can hear better, maybe it's not so good this aunty comes around. LOL! I'll practice my whispering voice which is probably...uh, normal.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I hate stupid nurses who work with kids....

I'm glad Baby is home and take good care of him and give him lots of luvins...

Sunday, March 04, 2007 3:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Marci said...

Thanks Jenn!
Maybe I'll check if I can find them online. Unfortunately, I'm in Northern Cali and I don't go down South very often.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I am happy that Baby is well and home. Hugs and Kisses to him!

Jenn, I'm also glad you were able to get through it without punching anyone in the face. It sounds like it took a lot to not do that.

Monday, March 05, 2007 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I hope your little guy is doing better. It sucks when they have to go through so much. They do look so cute in those yellow gowns though.

Anyhoo, I found your blog through your beautiful shower pictures on Flickr. I hpe you don't mind that I added you to my blogroll. Please let me know if it's ok.

Monday, March 05, 2007 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

it's good everything went well.
it's my turn to worry as my little baby girl is in the hospital with RSV. i've only had 1 bad nurse so far...there's always one of those.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home