Saturday, March 10, 2007

Stack it up

I woke up and decided to make a 4 layer cake. Why? I have no idea. These things just pop into my head. Nevermind that I have never made a layered cake before. I have seen it done on tv and seen my mother do it, so how freakin' hard could it be? I also have never had a baking disaster in my life, believe it or not. I have never set the house on fire, or had a cake fall flat. Nope. So I figured I had nothing to lose.

It was pretty damn easy. I used a good hearty yellow cake recipe with vanilla frosting. I really wanted to do something else, but sadly the Kid can't have chocolate OR food coloring and it'd be sad if he couldn't partake. I let him pick our side sprinkles and decorate the top with gumdrops. We are going to give this '90th birthday' cake to the old man tomorrow.

The Kid is a natural baker. He loves to help mix and pour, whenever I cook. Meanwhile, I gave the baby a wooden spoon to 'help' mommy and instead used it to try and take me out at the kneecaps. That one ain't going to culinary school.

Layer cake how to, HERE.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Very pretty!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:14:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Yummy! Looks great. My measly 2 layer cakes always look lopsided! :(

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:30:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Yum! What kind of frosting did you use?

Hope your grandfather had a rockin' 90th!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger K said...

Beautiful. Is it for sale? I am v. hungry now.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home