Saturday, March 10, 2007

You're much too young, to be a part of me
Too young, to get a hold on me

When we went to my brother's wife's house for lunch recently, her family sat O.G. down, brought her food, coffee, fawned over her and made sure she was well taken care of. She leaned over to me and said:

O.G.: "What is with these people?"
Jenn: "Apparently they treat their elders with respect, not like our family."
O.G.: "You're tellin' me."
__________

And so my Grandpa's 90th birthday went the way he wanted. Him holed up in his room watching the History channel, while we ate chicken and waffles and partied without him. That is until we all busted into his bedroom and yelled, 'Happy Birthday, get up - we want cake dammit!'

And he did.

4 Comments:

Anonymous shiz said...

That is so awesome. Happy Birthday to jii-chan!

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I had chicken and waffles for my last birthday too. Now I feel really old.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:41:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Wait, was his actual birthday yesterday? I just found out I share a birthday with Osama Bin Laden...

Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Quintin said...

Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.
this site

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home