Monday, April 09, 2007

5 Baby items you will need

Attention pregnant women!!
(and those buying for them)
Everyone seems to be pregnant, and for once - I'm not! Yay! But kind of sad. The fun thing about having a baby was 1. People are nice to you 2. Shopping for baby stuff. I swear. People are dicks until they see you have a tummy (think 5th+ month) then all of a sudden it's open doors and smiles. Shieet.
Here is a list of five baby items that *I* think are necessary.No, cuteness is not a factor, only usefullness.

1. The Boppy.
This is great if you are going to nurse, and even if you aren't, it's a great resting place for the baby as you bottle feed. They can also use it when they learn to sit up by themselves, and you can use it for yourself when you have a migraine. Trust me. You will get a migraine.

2. Curity Breast Pads & Purelan
These are the best pads ever. I tried a ton and these were the most comfortable. Also, if you have sore nipples, Purelan works WONDERS. Such good stuff. Oh great. Now I will be #1 on google for 'sore nipples'.
3. The Noggin Nest
Yet another wonderful boppy product. I always buy this as a shower gift - because people don't often think of it. It sits in any car seat or stroller and is a pillow with a hole cut out of it. Basically it keeps your kid from getting flathead syndrome, thusly avoiding the little one from having to wear a helmet. Who wants to wear a helmet, am I right?
I swear to you, this thing is great. Especially if you are afraid of your baby dying in their sleep. Hey. These are things new mothers think about, let me tell you. This little foam thing tilts them up so they breathe better and keeps 'em in place so they don't roll around like little sausages. I loved this thing, however my second kid was so big it didn't last long. Then we had to go with the 'rolled towel method'. If you don't know what that is, email me, I'll give you the info.

5. A bouncer or a swing
THIS THING STOPS THE CRYING. The end. I don't care what you say there is no more annoying sound in the world than a baby crying. When I'd walk around with the baby in public when he was crying, people would actually stop me and say, 'Isn't that the sweetest sound?' And I'd reply, 'You must be high, cause this sound makes me want to kill myself.' Hey. I'm honest.

There you have it. These are five very useful items. Believe me I have a list of 'cute but not useful things' coming your way too. That's the fun stuff. But these? Every new mom needs. Buy them for your pregnant friends, or if you are the one with bun-in-oven, add them to your registry, asap. You will thank me later.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

yup you're right! though i used lansinoh cream and pads instead of purelan. i didn't have #3 though.
and the boppy is great! i received 2 at my first baby shower and just kept them both - one for upstairs and one for downstairs (i actually can't nurse properly w/out them).

Monday, April 09, 2007 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger xtena said...

i love these great tips!
thank you.

Monday, April 09, 2007 9:57:00 PM  
Anonymous poppy said...

I read somewhere that Purelan (or any nipple cream) is also a good neck moisturiser?

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also write a list of most useless baby products. I always tell people to forgo buying a changing table (unless they want it for storage) and the Diaper Genie. The first time we empited the Genie, my husband almost fainted from the smell. Waste of money!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger It will pass... said...

Hi! I really enjoy your blog... I am preggo with my second babe, and the girls in the office are instisting on having a shower for me (even though I kept everything from the first baby girl, and am having another baby girl). This post was really enlightening, because I didn't have the bobby or the noggin nest, and my first bouncer died. Now I know what to put on my new registry. Thanks!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

6. Get a baby.

Sigh.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

Just now reading this post... I need to pay attention! :) We've got five weeks to go (maybe) and all I have off your list is the Boppy. Must go shop, again. :) Thanks!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home