Sunday, April 22, 2007

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

In case you weren't aware, I am a huge nerd. I have been dying to go to this Star Wars exhibit at the Science Center and this being the last week and all, I hauled the kids down there. Let's just say the Kid was wondering WTF is a museum without Thomas Trains and the Baby was wondering, where can I get more cookies. Me? I was THRILLED.
It was heaven for Star Wars nerds and I loved all the models of the ships. My first job was as an architectural model maker, and I worked all hours of the night - so I know the detail that goes into that stuff. This was impressive.

When I take the kids out, say to museums or theme parks, I usually make or buy bento lunches. The kids generally don't eat fast food, I don't like the idea of them putting that crappy food in their bodies, I'd rather they eat my crappy food that I've cooked for them. I don't mind the convenience when we are out, but I don't like the idea of paying $8 for a hamburger that they may or may not eat. At least with this stuff it's cheap and I know they will consume most of it. Except the cucumbers. The Kid hates cucumbers. He usually spends a good half hour popping them out, just so.
See? Cucumbers. Piled on the left. If you want to see the rest of our nerd-tastic day, go HERE.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Star Wars...blah, blah (CRAP! Only 1 more week to get over there!) What has me really curious though is what is a designer wiener cutter?

Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

OH. Now I get your comment. I was like, ok, Jodi is high...again.

A designer weiner cutter is for making things like AN OCTODOG.

Come on Jodi, I know you want to make a...HAMSTER BENTO!!

Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

From one nerd to another...I went to Tunisia at the beginning of the month and ate lunch in the hotel that was used as the set for Luke's home in the first (third) film. I was all "Oh. My. GOD!!!!!!" My best friend then admitted she'd never seen Star Wars. She's very lucky we are still speaking. Your boys will thank you for this one day.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 3:15:00 AM  
Blogger Sparkle & Shine Design said...

These are TOTALLY for you: http://rarebirdfinds.typepad.com/rare_bird_finds/2007/04/star_wars_chubb.html

Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home