Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Dwight: One of my life goals was to die right here, in my desk chair. And today, that dream was shattered.

I have been asked several times about what my recent visit to "The Office" set, was like. It sounds stupid - but it felt so...real. The cubicles so close to one another. Phones ringing. Breakroom, conference room. It felt almost....too real. I spent my regular days in an office I certainly didn't want to spend my free day in one.

Then I started thinking of all the years and all the places I've worked. And how, when it comes down too it, every office is the same. Some 'Jerk co-worker'. The 'Workaholic'. The 'Crazy Lady'. The 'Lazy ass'. The 'Nerd'. The 'Scary-don't push him over the edge-guy'. 'Crazy IT dude'. Wherever I went, it never changed.
My friend and I used to work together in a crazy office for years. Her birthday is coming up, so inspired by those, *ahem*, fond memories AND in honor of a NEW EPISODE of the Office this week, I made these "Office Memos" for the store. I think it just about covers everything you'd need to discuss. Seriously. Use them. HR will thank you.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rokes said...

Love that!!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Those are going to sell soooooo fast.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Thank god for a new Office ep. If I had to watch one more Law and Order re-run ...

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've never actually worked in a "real" office, but trust me, people are annoying people wherever you work.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous the slackmistress said...

You make me almost want to go back and get an office job just so I can use one of them.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I have not been this excited about a new episode since the Muppet Show.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 4:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenifer said...

Can I order one where all the "give me a raise" is always checked?

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home