Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Eh bien, continuons...

I do not watch American Idol. I have no idea who any of the contestants are, or who is good or what have you. Yet this morning, when I got into a packed elevator (we're talking shoulder to shoulder) - everyone around me stood in silence, as is the proper etiquette, as two women went nuts, yapping loudly about the contestants. And their hair. And she was bad. Simon said this. Etc. The rest of us stood there. In silence. You could feel that we were all thinking, god forbid this elevator stalls and we are trapped with these women. The women, self-involved, carried on. 'Sanjaya, terrible. Did you see that bandana?!' All of us were looking up. Staring longingly at the call numbers. All the while quietly dying inside as we watched the elevator cab stop on EVERY - SINGLE - FLOOR for 12 floors straight. We damn near killed each other trying to get out of there.

Now that I've survived the elevator ride from hell, I can tell you a few things.

1. I got an email telling me that I am stupid and my blog is stupid. I would have to agree on both accounts but it still hurts my feelings, yo.

2. The card holder in my new banner? I got at the Loloko shop. SO CUTE. I love this little seating bench and want to buy plenty more. For what, I have no idea. Maybe I can make a diorama using Thomas Trains. Lord knows I have enough of them.

3. I picked up a cup of juice and said, to no one in particular, "Hm. Is this the Baby's juice?" The Kid said, "ACTUALLY mom, it's mine." Well then.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Lissete said...

It always amazes me how people go out of their way to insult people that they don't even know! If you think I'm stupid, don't come to MY stupid blog, and read the stupid things that I write!

Here are a couple of posts that I have seen lately about morons who have nothing better to do:

http://www.especiallyheather.com/2007/04/15/a-response-gods-will/

http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2007/04/11/hmmmmm/

Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:34:00 AM  
Blogger sadie pink said...

People are so wierd. Your blog is probably one of the best out there that I read.
Sue

Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

WHAT?!?!?! Why would someone insult you like that? ASSHATS!

Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Who said that? Can I punch them in the face?

Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous doahleigh said...

Oh man, I haven't gotten one of those emails yet, which to me only means that not very many have seen my blog. But I still dread the day it comes. I'm sensitive people, don't hurt me!

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:00:00 PM  
Anonymous John said...

Other than for business your page is the only site I visit on a regular basis. I think it's well written and exceptionally funny and I come here for my daily chortle, unless of course you go for the pathos!

Ignore those who criticise: they're generally incapable of formulating a sentence of their own. Keep the slices of life coming this way Jenn, lightly toasted and done to a turn.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

American Idol? What the hell is that?

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

okay, your blog isn't stupid and neither are you. why do people have to be so mean? What purpose does that serve...someone doesn't like it?..then don't read it! so there!

I love American Idol..sorry! But ya, Sangina had to go.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are wonderful and your blog is wonderful!

Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:37:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Stupid is as stupid does. Lame-o loser.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:41:00 PM  
Anonymous the slackmistress said...

I get one or two of those a week! I just figure eh, they READ.ht

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:29:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

This blog is like crack - you keep comin' back for more! That moron will be back, they just hate to admit it, haha.

LOVE them benches by the way - I like the arrangement with the art in the back.

Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home