Monday, April 16, 2007

It's the same old S.O.S., but with brand new broken fortunes

Kid: "Where do apples come from?"
Jenn: "Trees."
Kid: "Oh. Where do carrots come from?"
Jenn: "They grow in the ground."
Kid: "Where does bacon come from?"
Jenn: "Well, pigs. They kill pigs and you get tasty, tasty bacon."
Kid: (worried look) "Ohhh. That's sad." (*chomps bacon anyway*)

I know. I had kids just to make myself laugh. It's horrible. Hey, the truth hurts, but he still ate the bacon!! For a kid that is anti-meat, I was just happy to see him eat something besides cheese.

I cook 5 meals a day. Breakfast for the boys. Lunch for the Baby. Meat-less dinner for the Kid. ALL Meat dinner for the Baby. Separate dinner for the husband when he comes home. As you can tell I am not included in any of these meals. I have no time. I ate chips and guac for dinner and it was the best meal ever, only because I got to sit down.

One thing agreed on in this house is pork chops. I don't know why, but they all adore it, which means less running around for me. Even quicker is this slow cooker pork chops recipe. So easy a pig could make it. But then he'd be dead. And a cannibal.

Slow Chops recipe, HERE.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

i love slow cooker recipes. i heart all just jenn recipes, they are so working-mom friendly.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Pork chops were always my favorite thing as a good. They have really good ones at the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland. I'm not sure if I've ever made my own though.

P.S. Has The Kid ever seen Babe? One of my all time favorite movies. I still eat bacon too.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't read all of the pork chop recipe. Some of it is hidden by the pictures. Could you give me the recipe?

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home