Monday, April 02, 2007

Milkshake the disease

Without boring you with the details, I ended up taking the Kid to the Emergency Room this weekend. It was a horrible experience that I won't relive here, let's just say I ended up crying and yelling, 'Well if he's going to die, I'd rather he do it at home instead of here, thanks!'

So the Kid stayed home AGAIN from school and I turned to the only person I know who could take care of him. The O to the G. I gave her very specific instructions, because lord knows the woman does as she pleases. There's no way things could go wrong, am I right? Am I right??

Jenn: "Hi, I'm home! Hi...wait...why is he eating...BUTTER?"
O.G.: "Cause he asked me for it."
Jenn: "Does this paper not say, "NO DAIRY"??
O.G.: "Oh. I don't know what dairy is."
Jenn: "Liar. It's anything that comes from a cow for Christ's sake!"
O.G.: "Oh. Yeah. Riiight."

Later, I looked up and saw the Kid riding by my bedroom door on a tricycle. Yeah, I'd say he's perfectly fine now. I'm sure she would attribute it to the butter. The woman does what she wants and loves to lie about it. I need to get a nanny-cam up in this mutha.
.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Well, it sounds like the butter didn't kill him...and may have even cured him!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

What happened?

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I luv me some OG stories. Thanks for putting the kid in harm's way for my amusement. ;) Glad he's OK though.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:05:00 AM  
Anonymous dee said...

Dude, OG is too funny. I'm glad the kid is all good now.

my son is allergic to peanuts and there is a GINORMOUS jar of peanuts and M&M's at my mother-in-law house, just begging to be opened. When I asked if I could hide it somewhere just in case, she said, "But its screwed on tight." Yeah, like thats going to stop him. Good thing it can't kill him. Oh, my bad, IT CAN.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home