Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pam:(voicemail message for Jim) "Hey, what's that word we made up when you have a thing stuck in your shoe? Anyway, I have a thing stuck in my shoe."

God, I love high heels. So much so that I have a flickr set dedicated to them. Which, by the way is being inundated by freaks who have fetishes, whereby I am constantly deleting untoward comments about my legs. Ew.

The best part of my day is when I slip on my heels and go to work. Sure, I could say that seeing my kids in the morning is the best part of my day. But they are cranky. My shoes are not. I love you shoes.
I have specific shoe requirements. 2+ inches (preferably 3"), but not wobbly, good with skirts and peeking out from dress pants. Also, not cheap. I do not wear cheap shoes because you will pay for it in sore toesies. You get what you pay for, fo' shizzle.
I saw a cute pair the other day and they were so cute and fit so well, that I even overlooked the biggest factor of them all...they were covered in POLKA DOTS! I put them back of course, but I look at them online everyday and wonder if I could get over my fear of polka dots just for these lovelies.

When I saw my brother and his wife this weekend, I complimented her cute shoes. She said she got them at the Walking Company and that the heels are actually lower than the toe, thus MAKING you stand up straighter. My brother got the 'man' version of these 'posture' shoes and he said they kind of feel like you are standing in a hole. He was right. I tried them on and they felt...backwards. Since I am only 5'-1", the last thing I need is to feel shorter. My brother proudly proclaimed that they also make you exercise when you're not thinking about it. Sounds like devil shoes to me.
.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

shoot! I thought you were going to say you bought the polka dot shoes! I love the polka dots!

I think you should buy them...and then send them to me! ;)

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:20:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

What's wrong with polka dots? Those are adorable!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm all about cheap shoes. And the kids shoes at Target, which I can wear some of, are even cheaper than the adult ones. Woo hoo!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Melina said...

Those are darling, and really not a bad price, considering they're from Nordies.

Yay 4 Polka Dots and wedges.

No on sore toesies!

Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Those posture shoes sound hurty. And long-term-alignment-damagey. Probably the same with high heels, though, eh? Bleh. Go for cute; that's what I say.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home