Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Patsy: "Darling, if that woman had one more facelift she'd have a beard!"

Sick of it, (it being life) - today I sat down and wrote a "List of things to do when I am dead." Not being morbid, it was simply a list of everything I do around here, which turns out, is EVERYTHING. Once I hit about 30 items of my responsibilities, I gave up. Whoever takes on my role in this family - good luck to you, sucka.

Lately I have been looking in the mirror going, 'wtf is wrong with my face?' It looks awful. Surely it's not my diet of all-but-purple-Skittles. Or stress from all the recent visits to the hospital. Or the fact that I've been bringing work home from the office...every night. It must be something else. So I decided to get a facial. I'm not really a fan of them. I think I've had only one before. I'd much prefer a massage. But, I have 'the-ugly-face' so I booked a facial at a medical spa, hoping upon hope, that they could make me look pretty. Or at least, ok looking. When I got there the lady said, 'You look fine to me, you just THINK you look bad.' Whatever lady, I don't need psychoanalysis, just fix me. And she did. And I feel much, much better.

Addendum - Things to do when I am dead: Go get yourself a facial.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I had a facial once, a little over 12 year ago, and it was wonderful! My skin was nice for weeks (an unheard of phenomenon). Maybe I shouldn't wait until you are dead and go get another one.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I love facials. It's time for me to get another one.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

never had a facial, but I would love to get one. My skin is crap.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home