Friday, April 20, 2007

Up all night, sleep all day



The Baby's late night grumpies continue on. I know that a car ride/plane ride/train ride/any moving vehicle puts me to sleep, so I thought maybe it'd work for him too. Anything seems logical at 3am, let me tell you.

I strapped him into the car and drove around. Nothin'. He was just amused. So I started looking for anything that was open 24 hours. No luck. Then I saw the light. The light being the 'hot doughnuts now' blinking neon. I pulled into the Krispy Kreme. I figured if I'm there, I might as well get the Kid a donut hole* for breakfast. I didn't get the Baby jack sh*t, not only because he can't eat donuts but because hey I am punishing you little baby for making me not sleep and drive around los angeles like a zombie and man am I tired but damn those donuts smell delicious so deal with it sucker. He was kind of pissed but like I said, he can't eat donuts and the point was for him to get his zzz's on, you know? So I drove around more. Wide awake. Took the long way home. Still nothing. Finally he fell asleep close to 5am.

When the Kid woke up at 6am (Hi, this is my sleepless life, jealous?) he was thrilled to see the donut hole waiting for him. Now, whenever the Baby cries, the Kid says to me, "Mommy. I think you need to take him to buy donuts...tonight." Don't push me kid. I'm a woman on the edge. The sleepless edge.
*25 cents for one donut hole. Yay!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

KK has donut holes? Wow! I loooove donut holes.

Speaking of yummy foods, have you eaten your Cadbury Creme Egg yet?

Friday, April 20, 2007 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Nope!

Saturday, April 21, 2007 6:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Annika said...

Oh god, I thought the lack of sleep was painful with one baby. I have a real urge to pat you on the head. (That sounds so awful. I mean it in a nice way! Swear!)

Saturday, April 21, 2007 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I LOVE that light! :)

Saturday, April 21, 2007 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Maybe Nanette and I should come over, let you take a nap, and in the meantime we'll eat the egg!

Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:45:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

I can barely handle it when I can't sleep! Kids are going to kill me...hey - wake up J! :P

Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:30:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

sleepless nights - i hate those!

Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

did they act like you were crazy for getting one donut hole? I was playing a joke on my son and bought one white castle once and everyone in there turned around and stared at me. Then they said they'd never had that happen before.

I hate Krispy Kreme. They killed the bakery business here.

Monday, April 23, 2007 1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home