Sunday, April 15, 2007

When I see you sky as a kite, as high as I might,
I can't get that high

I am pretty boring and I don't drink, which is why I generally turn down invitations. However I decided to venture over to Will & Nina's party on Saturday night. I *heart* the two of them immensely. I'm sure they will say that I am boring and need a haircut. Both are true. They are getting married very soon. Two bloggers can find love. Aw.

I gotta say, parking in the Miracle Mile sucks ass. Also, while driving around for 45 minutes looking for said parking, I almost ran over a cat AND a trio of Hasidic Jews. Talk about bad karma all around.

To take to the party, I baked a Honey Spice Cake with Coffee Glaze. The bad thing about cake is you don't know if it's good because you can't sample it before you give it to someone, like you can with say, cookies. I saw some guy at the party take a piece and I just watched him eat it and hoped he didn't spit it out. Anything coffee flavored is good right?

As for the rest of the weekend, I survived dangling from 25' in the air. It felt like being on a trapeze. A very tiny trapeze with two other people crammed on it.

The first time up I was wary, but by the third time (we must have done this 20 times) I was hanging on the edge, happy and carefree. I kinda liked it. Although I do like heights and enjoy standing on the edges of buildings, so. When we were up there looking down, I told my boss that I felt like jumping. He said, "think of the children." I wonder if he was talking about my children or, like, Angelina Jolie's children. Who knows.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

You met will and nina? I am jealous!

Monday, April 16, 2007 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

You are the best guest ever, you are always welcome to come back, we'll reserve a parking space for you.

Also, the cake was delicious.

Monday, April 16, 2007 8:33:00 AM  
Anonymous the slackmistress said...

You're always welcome - with or without cake (which, BTW, was delicious for breakfast on Sunday!)

Monday, April 16, 2007 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

yum, yum, yum!!! And I don't even like coffee!!

Monday, April 16, 2007 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

I know this is a completely random comment (from a completely random reader), but your mention of difficult parking in the Miracle Mile and the party on Saturday night makes me wonder if that was the party my boyfriend and I heard from our apartment that night! We couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but it sure sounded like everyone was having a good time! (Next time, can we come?)

Monday, April 16, 2007 2:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Isaiah said...

The guy is definitely right, and there's no question.
Acne Treatment

Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home