Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Ah yes. It's spring. Time to bust out the short skirts, put on a diamond penguin necklace* (wha?),
and of course, have Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, Thanksgiving dinner. This Sunday come on by, I will be making a full blown Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. Why? Let's just say that a few months ago O.G. and I got in a huge fight which left me with a giant frozen turkey in my freezer. Don't ask.

Anyway, that thing is taking up half the freezer and I want it outta there. Therefore, this Sunday we will be having turkey, stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, O.G.'s famous Gulliver's corn, veggies, rolls, and of course - pumpkin pie. Yes it will be 80 degrees, but we must give thanks. Thanks - for nothing.

To learn, "How to brine a turkey" - go HERE.

*my mom gave me that penguin necklace for Mother's Day. Why - I don't know. I don't love penguins, but the thought of an all diamond penguin necklace even existing makes me laugh.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jesser said...

Ooh... brined turkey. You're totally making my mouth water.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Do you know where your mom got the penguin necklace? My friend is a penguin fanatic.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Of course your blog didn't show up in my reader when I sent that email. Damn Google Reader. Now I get it. Sort of.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:30:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

She got it from Na Hoku Hawaiian Jewelry.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:37:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda Griffith said...

Brining is good, but deep frying rocks--and it's quick too.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

very cool website, thanks!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:05:00 AM  
Blogger Evelyn said...

I love your necklace!!! Any idea where she might have gotten it at?

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Brining = teh yum, although my mom insist it makes no difference, everyone came up to me after my first Tgiving dinner and said please, please, make this every year.

That's not a short skirt unless you're Amish. Show some leg, girl!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:50:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

A co-worker brined her turkey last year at her daughter's urging. Said it was the worst thing she ever cooked. I think she got some kit thing at Williams Sonoma or something. I'm sure done right it's good but I'll stick to my old fashioned sure bet.

those 'guin sparkly rocks.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

um happy thanksgiving!!
even though you don't like penguins - it looks like a very nice necklace.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home