Monday, May 14, 2007

Allez, cuisine!

Today I gave my MIL a cooking lesson. That was certainly...something. It was quite an eye-opener to see that some people have NO IDEA what the hell they are doing. She was wondering why sometimes her recipes come out wrong, so I had her bake a cake - while I watched from start to finish. GOOD. LORD. Is all I can say. That about sums it up.

After a day in the kitchen with her, I have decided to pitch my own cooking show to Food Network. The working title is, "What the f*ck are you thinking?" You can call in and ask me basic cooking questions or you can come on the show and I will help you through a recipe. People often email me their cooking questions anyway, so this is a natural segway, right? It will be part Sara Moulton - but way funnier. Part Martha Stewart - but not at all condescending. Part Tyler Florence - except I am not as cute.

Go ahead, ask away. Although, I think I may have to change the title of the show. Hm.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

There's your book title, too. Send me the proposal, and I'll totally pitch it. :)

Monday, May 14, 2007 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i just posted a picture of green tea mochi on my current post - they also sell mango flaver, strawberry and lychee. do you by chance have this recipe? (any flavor) i asked the lady at the shop where i bought it if it was easy to make and she said no, it's very hard to make. ( i think she was lying)...

Monday, May 14, 2007 9:50:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Why do my cupcakes come out of the oven tall and fluffy but fall flat an by the time they've cooled an hour later. And you better not say don't use box mix.

Oh! One more. I tried to bake cupcakes in ice cream cones and instead of baking nicely the batter erupted up over the tops of the cones like lava. Why???

Monday, May 14, 2007 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

it is amazing what people don't know how to do. over the course of the last few years on my food blog, i've gotten some questions that you'd think anyone would know, like "how do I preheat my oven"! not to mention the people who say something didn't turn out, and when I ask what they did, they didn't follow the instructions or use the ingredients or the amounts the recipe called for!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:05:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Yeah, I have a question. Do you substitute shortening? If so, what do you use? I ask because I hate shortening. Gag. I usually add butter or margarine instead. Am I completely wrong for doing so?

As for your show, I'd watch.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:03:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

You know I'd watch. And you know I'd have to make up stupid questions.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home