Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Popcorn Greenhouse

Every month has a 'theme' at the Kid's school. This month was corn. Or something. Vegetables? Don't ask me. I don't pay attention. Man, I am a crap Mom. All I know is, the Kid came home with a ziploc filled with wet cotton balls and popcorn kernels and I was like, what the...

It said, "tape me on the window." So I did. Lo and behold, junk is growing! Whee! While generally I find taping rancid popcorn kernels to the window to be disgusting, it is kinda nice to see 'life' growing in the house.

O.G.: "What is on the window?"
Jenn: "The Kid brought that home. It's supposed to grow...corn?"
O.G.: "Ohhhh! Neat!"
Jenn: "Yeah but what next? I don't want big ol' stalks o' corn growing in the house!"
O.G.: "Better than mary juana. Everyone grows that at home."
Jenn: "Who exactly is everyone?"

Mary Juana. That's how O.G. says it and I laugh every time. It sounds like a close friend or something. How's Mary Juana? Fine. She works over at the Gap now.

6 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

interesting...

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Gerta said...

I think I'm more entertained by the rotating display of Pez dispensers.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 2:45:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Interesting ... the only things that grow in my house are in the refrigerator and it's almost always by accident. Gross.

Whenever anyone talks about working at the Gap, I automatically think "jeans folding seminar."

Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:57:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

funny, we have something similar (from a lima bean) growing out of a ziplock bag on our window from our mommy-and-me class.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 2:03:00 PM  
Anonymous dee said...

whenever I think Gap workers, I think about the Gap Girls SNL skit where cinching things are always the answer. so poetic...

Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool..."Jenn and the Beanstock"

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home