Sunday, May 06, 2007

Kevin: I hear Angela’s party will have double-fudge brownies. It will also have Angela.

My Mother in Law has been here less than 4 hours and she's already called me fat. I don't think of myself as fat...until she says so. Hell, she complained about how I looked when I was pregnant, even. This is just ONE of her many complaints about how unattractive I am. It makes me want to cry but they'd probably be fat tears. It seems fitting that I'm posting a recipe tonight, anyway. Since I'm fat and all.

I decided to try the Cream Cheese Brownies recipe in Everyday Food. Everyday Food is a fantastic magazine with easy recipes and step by step photographs. Hey. Wait. That sounds like...nah. I hate cream cheese, by the way, but it always seems to make it into my baked goods. I altered the recipe a bit, of course, as I always do. I made it way better if I do say so myself. But still, big ups to Martha Stewart - that mag is fab.
But these things have to be shipped, you see? And I do not like the thought of semi-moist, (Why do so many people hate the word MOIST? It doesn't bother me one bit...) half baked brownies, possibly sitting in the post office. So, I cooked them a little longer, which made the 'white' part more brownish. And that made me sad. I have a thing about colors and what should look like what. It's the designer in me.
I have to say, these brownies turned out great. Make 'em and you won't regret it. Then you can be fat. Like me. ~sigh~

Click here - for my Marbled Cream Cheese Brownie recipe.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

It's a pretty package. And I'm sure you can't even taste the cream cheese!

What does the tag say? I know it doesn't say what it looks like to me, which is "made just poo."

Monday, May 07, 2007 6:09:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Your MIL is crazy-go-nuts.

Those brownies look fabulous!

Monday, May 07, 2007 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Oh man. Alright, I'm not complaining about my crazy MIL anymore ... much anyhow. ;) Hang in there ... and those brownies look fab.

Monday, May 07, 2007 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

At least she didn't say you were a dead ringer for ROSEANNE.

Monday, May 07, 2007 9:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

Since I've eaten all of my cookies that you baked me, may I bring my container by and refill it with those yummy brownies?? I want some REALLY bad!

Monday, May 07, 2007 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Let me know when she's in town again and I'll come over. We can be fat together, and then sit on her and eat pie.*






*that's not supposed to sound dirty.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home