Monday, May 14, 2007

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

It turned out to be an ok Mother's Day after all. Went to a buffet brunch where there was a very neat tiered chocolate fountain. The Kid was excited, but it was depressing since he can't have chocolate, so we just stared at it. So sad.

He was fond of eating the marshmallows on the sticks though. Anything with a stick is good fun. After this weekend of eating I've got to say, I think my MIL was right. I am fat. I haven't gained pounds, but I LOOK fat. I think that may be worse.

On Saturday I took the boys to Disneyland. I waited AN HOUR AND A HALF for Casey Jr. because it was the Kid's fave ride and the ONLY one he wanted to go on. He was waiting and talking about it for a whole week. We get to the front of the line and all the workers were saying, "You are so cute! Where do you want to sit? The front row?? OK! No problem!" Can you feel where this is going?

Right at that moment when those dumb co-workers promised him the front row, a handicapped person comes up the back way. Where do you think she chose to sit? You got it. Front row. Even the lady behind us sighed out of pure heartbroken-ness. My Kid, the trooper, just went and sat in the middle. Didn't complain. He was just happy to be with me and his Aunty on the train. Personally? I woulda thrown a fit. Then again, and hour and a half in the hot sun waiting for a kiddie train, and you'd want to lose it too. I'm glad my child is more even tempered than me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gerta said...

When we go to fests here in Germany our goal is to eat as many things on a stick as possible.

Monday, May 14, 2007 1:00:00 AM  
Blogger Rokes said...

Happy belated Mother's Day Jenn!!

Monday, May 14, 2007 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger xtena said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home