Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You just haven't earned it yet, baby

I get bored when I have nothing to do, you know. I need as much on my plate as possible. Good friend xTina is having her first baby, so I am throwing a baby shower - ok, hang on, don't get excited. It's not going to be CRAZY like the Best Shower Ever. But it will be good, I assure you. skoG is hosting it with me, and with two designers, you can't go wrong, er - right? Here's the invite I designed:

The Head Preggo Lady in charge doesn't like traditional baby colors for children (i.e. blue=boy, pink=girl), so we came up with a 'pear green+pastel orange' scheme. I think it will work out well. I don't want to reveal too much since she does read this blog. However, I can tell you one thing, THIS CAKE WILL NOT BE THERE. No it will not. Ew.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

No. No, you did not. Oh, yes you did. Ew. Gross.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

oh wow...now that is one disturbing baby shower cake. Think people were fighting over the icing on that one?!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Eww!!!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

i still think we should do it. just imagine the reaction we would get from the mother-in-law.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:11:00 AM  
Anonymous melina said...

I like her/your choice of colors.

That is the most disturbing cake, shower or not, I've ever seen.

It looked sexual, not birthual.

Happy Mommies Day in advance Jenn!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Double ewww.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 2:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

I was at a bridal shower cake once where the maid of honor had a penis cake -- I thought that was the tackiest cake I would ever see.

...I think we have a tie.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

Sorry. So horrified at that cake I can't get my sentences formed properly.

I was at a bridal SHOWER once where the maid of honor had a penis cake. And it was the tackiest thing I had ever seen.

I'm still repressing memories of that entire shower.

And now this birthing cake.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger xtena said...

Invite is Fabulous. Thx!
ps. MIL can't come to this shower. She'll be travelling.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home