Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I knew Hello Kitty. Senator, you're no Hello Kitty.

I love Hello Kitty. I bought all that stuff as a kid. I even worked in a Hello Kitty store. I still buy HK stuff, however, I am way more selective nowadays. I mean, with this new revamping of Hello Kitty, I don't know what to think:Ok, so maybe I changed her name, (Don't sue me Sanrio. Hi, I love you, call me!) but you get the idea. I mean, why does she have to dress all whoretastic? Just like I can't stand the 'new' Strawberry Shortcake'. S to the S now wears jeans and bought a flat iron. The f*ck?

I will always love Hello Kitty. Tricked out or no. Especially if Sanrio keeps making kickin' stuff like this HK ice cube tray. OH YES. Did I fail to mention that I bought that? Pictures to come.
I'm not saying I don't like change, I'm just saying the 'BRATZ'ification of our childhood dreams makes me want to cry. Or put on a tube top and some stilettos. Wait. I am so confused.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Hey, Hello Kitty is a total slut! Oh, can I say slut on your blog? Sorry about that. Also, she could be the Flashdance Kitty. All alone, I have cried...silent tears...heh.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I so agree with you, HK is still as popular as ever so keep her the same!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:55:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh HK, what have you done?? And I must get those ice cube trays!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I don't like that look on poor Kitty. I also hated when they made the Paris Hilton Hello Kitty.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/07/only-in-japan-hello-hilton/

Even Barbies changed their looks to look more like Bratz now, have you noticed. Luckily, my daughter doesn't like the Bratz. I'd be mortified having to buy those.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:22:00 AM  
Anonymous dee said...

I love HK and love that my daughter has so much of it. Because sharing is caring...she has to share with me and I won't yell at her for not sharing. I will not buy that new HK, the old school red one with the bow is the best.

I also hate the 'new' Holly Hobbie. Why not call her the lost Olsen twin already.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:16:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Ew, that new Holly Hobbie is bleh! And how in the world did they get her stumpy little legs into those long boots?

They better not mess with Choco Cat!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

HK is totally flashdanced out. Is she going to dump water on herself now?

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love HK too, and the Sanrio world in general...when will they sell that hamster stuff here??? I also love the take-offs, like this:

Hello Pitbull

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous ally said...

I just saw this today when I went to the Sanrio site. What have they done to Hello Kitty? She looks awful; and heels? really? Why not some cute little tennis shoes. This Hello Kitty is too ooh-la-la for me.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Melina said...

At least Hell-hoe Kitty isn't showing her midriff. Not liking the pseudo-flashdance/go-go dancer look. At all. What market research poll pointed to "Change Hello Kitty image to unwholesome skanky Hoe-Kitty"?

And, I second whomever said Sanrio better not mess with Choco Cat!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Benjamin said...

The dude is totally right, and there is no suspicion.
travel home based business | wedding photography chicago il | graduation announcements wording

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home