Monday, June 25, 2007

lavanderie francais

One of my very good friends (who delivered you the Creme Brulee recipe) is a total foodie. She loves to eat, and she loves to replicate her favorite recipes. She and I went on a trip to New York with some friends and more impressive than the sights was watching how much she could actually eat. For a small girl, can pack it in.

That being said, what true foodie would not give everything they have to get a reservation at Thomas Keller's French Laundry? Nine courses. $250. You really have to love food. I...like food, so uh yeah. The waiting list says two months, some people wait up to a year.

She and her husband went and had a truly extraordinary meal which she goes into GREAT detail about, on her blog. She also commited major faux pas and took pictures of every dish. Ha. She cracks me up. It was her one chance, cause believe me, her husband ain't gonna go for another $500 a couple meal any time soon.

She also went to Morimoto in New York and ordered the 'omakase' meal which is basically...you eat...what he feels like serving you. That won't fly for me the sushi-hater, but she swears it was the best thing ever. And I believe her.

Like I said, she loves food. And I applaud her. While I love to cook, I am picky about what I eat. So I live vicariously by watching her enjoy her meals. You haven't lived til you've watched a woman eat an entire pot of fois gras with a spoon. Just sayin'.

Her full French Laundry experience, blogged HERE.

Her French Laundry dinner photos, HERE.

Her Morimoto NYC dinner pictures, HERE.

Whew. That's all the time I've got for pimping out her food habits.

.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

must go check it out...i've been curious about that place...

Monday, June 25, 2007 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I love morimoto and go whenever I can.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Damn! $500?!? That is commitment to food. And I've gotta say ... the Morimoto dinner looks much yummier to me than the French Laundry one (what is it Gilmore girls say ... weird food, tiny portions?).

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Jenifer said...

I completely relate to her! I actually got to have Morimoto cook for me. OMG. I'm still having foodgasms two years later.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn @ RMC said...

You should then also check out www.frenchlaundryathome.com.
This woman is cooking her way through the French Laundry cookbook and posts about it on her blog. Her writing is very smart and funny.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Great link! I sat salivating at my desk reading the entire account. Now back to my PB&J...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh cool...I've been wondering what her website url is. Also, I admittedly smiled and nodded at your house when she told me about French Laundry. I'm sure I'm supposed to have heard of it, but yeah, no.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home