Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Root beer floats. It does. I’ve tested it.

Summer. I love you, I hate you. The heat has yet to build, thank god, but I feel it coming. With the anticipation of the heat I have this urge to have something cold/frozen every day.

Since I love root beer, I feel the need to tell you...I am kind of on the fence when it comes to root beer floats. ~gasp~ The horror!! The thing is, I hate melty ice cream. Hate it, hate it. So when the root beer mixes with the melty ice cream. BLECH. Vomit-y. The only way I like it is if that ice cream is frozen SOLID. Then I'm all for it. I recently went out to dinner where they brought out the dessert tray, to which I was surely going to say, 'Oh, no thanks, I couldn't possibly...' and pass. That is UNTIL...

... I saw that frozen mug of ice cream, a bottle (best kind, bottled) of root beer and three cookies. Good lord, is this the dessert menu in heaven? Who can pass that up? It was amazingly good. And no melt-y.

Besides an i.v. of root beer directly into my arm, I also been known to have root beer shave ice, root beer freezes*, root beer candy, and root beer sherbet. By far the best thing (and easiest) I've come across so far is my own doing, which is a root beer slush. I just pour a can/bottle of root beer into the ice cream machine - and hello homemade slurpee. Top it with a little whipped cream and I am good to go all summer. Ah, yes, bring on the heat.

Root Beer Slush photo. No recipe needed. So here's the Root Beer Sherbet recipe, instead.

**Yes, a root beer freeze is basically a shake, which is basically melty ice cream, but not so much. Don't question me.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Mmmm...root beer...

Mmmm...floats...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I like root beer floats and the way the ice cream gets both melty and kind of crunchy at the same time. Yum.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:53:00 PM  
Anonymous DC said...

So, you're probably a root beer connoisseur! What is your favorite/what do you recommend?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:52:00 AM  
Anonymous doahleigh said...

I've always been on the fence about the root beer float too. I usually end up eating the ice cream real fast before it melts, then drinking the root beer. Why even bother mixing? But still, it's a classic treat.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:45:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Love root bear floats! Hmm, haven't had one in years.

PS the melty ice cream is the best part!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home