Monday, June 11, 2007

Some will win. Some will lose.
Some were born to sing the blues.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I thought the ending was brilliant.)
As much as I love cooking, there are days that I need a break. I'm sure you can relate. So I head to the Japanese market where they have lots of cooked and packaged foods that are delicious and pretty good for you too.
I can put together a quick meal for the kids in one swift run through the store. However, those crazy ass Japanese, there is some things in there that makes me question their sanity. Such as:
"Gorilla Boogers" (Gorilla hanakuso). Ok, I saw the package of the gorilla picking it's nose and I just had to find out what it was. Dried black soybeans. Congratulations Japanese food packagers, you got me to look.
Sure, there is your regular old gross stuff that I won't touch with a ten foot pole, but it's the stuff like this that I love:

My homemade stuff is surely better than this crap(e). Ha. The shelf was empty, by the way. It must be crap-tastic!!

Hey. At least this stuff is healthy. I'm not against fast food, I just don't really dig the idea of giving it to the kids if I can help it - especially when you see what it actually looks like.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

That gorilla package looks like he's pooping that stuff out.

Monday, June 11, 2007 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I really need to go to one of these Japanese markets. Fun!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Hey Jenn,
I just got me a groovy package in the mail...and I love it. Thanks for being so awesome and fixing my TJ's jonesing from so far away.
xoxox, Jen

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

That gorilla hanakuso site is hilarious!! I think I have to buy some just for the packaging!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home