Wednesday, June 20, 2007

They call him "The Cleaner."

I have a secret that I've been keeping from you. I like muffins more than cupcakes. There. I said it. However, if at a bakery, I would buy a cupcake if given the option. If at home...I'd bake a muffin. Does that make sense? Not at all of course. It's just that frosting those little motherf*ers is a lot of work. Plus I am VERY particular about how my cupcakes taste, consistency, etc. And when it comes to muffins, well, you can go savory or sweet, and usually you only need one bowl. Which is always nice.

Here is an EXCELLENT recipe I put together for Sausage+Onion muffins. They are incredibly tasty and great served warm with soup.

On the subject of cupcake/muffins, I forgot to answer Poppy's question:
Do you ever grease/butter/prep your sili-bakeware?
Here's another secret (I'm full of them today) I hate sili-bakeware. The cupcake cups I got as a gift and they're ok, but anything...larger, say a cake pan, and I wouldn't waste my money. Old skool metal bakeware is where it's at, yo. But no, I don't prep the cupcake cups, but a larger sili-cake pan or something, and I might. Cause nothing is worse than a stuck cake.

Which brings us back to: Do you have any cooking/baking questions? I'm not an expert, nor do I claim to be, but I can probably help you. And hey, the asking is free, so what have you got to lose?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Nope, no questions, as I think I'm truly giving up on the cooking/baking thing for now, again, whatever. I'll let you know when I need help nuking green beans again though!

I'm totally with you on the muffin thing, though I'm sure many readers will find it scandalous! I often just eat the top though. Yum.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I like muffin tops (the edible kind, mind you). But I think I'm contractually obligated to say that as a self-proclaimed Seinfeld afficianado.

Do you have a good creme brulee recipe? Roth recently made one from the Joy of Cooking that tasted like poo. Let me know. :)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:11:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I LOVE that recipe and want to try it. Have you used any other kinds of sausage? I immediately thought of chorizo but I'm afraid it might be too greasy.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:35:00 AM  
Anonymous John said...

Savoury muffins?? Up 'ere in Yorkshire we're just coming to terms with the chocolate chip variety...

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Evelyn said...

Okay, so I'm de-lurking myself AND asking for advice at the same time. My husband and I are celebrating our 1st year anniversary on about 2 weeks,but since it lands right smack in the middle of the week we are just going to be having a nice dinner at home. Now, i think that i am and okay cook but I never bake. Do you have an easy, tasty recipe for a cake that i can make?

p.s. I have been reading your blog for sometime now and i just love it :)

Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Saw those on your flickrphotostream this morning and thought they looked awesome. I will have to make some. Yum.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

This is going to sound like a silly question...and not very gourmet by any means...but if you had to, how long do boil a frozen piece of boneless chicken? I NEED to know! (don't judge me!)

As far as muffins vs. cupcakes...I've had to get used to seeing muffins as something that wasn't dessert like cupcakes. My mind couldn't get around it at first. ("Can't-eat-dessert-before-my-meal---won't-do-it...") You've converted me. :P

Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

have you ever tried making those microwave mochi recipes? if you have, did they turn out okay?

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:50:00 PM  
Anonymous dee said...

oh, I hate my sili muffin pans. I thought with it being all pink and cute I could get over the way I almost always drop them when I take it out of the oven. Not to mention how hard it is to wash them wriggling all over the place. damn pink pans.

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:04:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I hate sili pans too.

I basically nuke my corn on the cob the same way you do the green beans. Very much fresh and delish.

Friday, June 22, 2007 7:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home