Sunday, June 17, 2007

Well, I'm goin' to a place, where the tough guys go and come out even tougher

What do Paris Hilton and I have in common? Being a size zero? Carrying around a chihuahua? Going to jail? Constantly being followed by the paparazzi? If you guessed 'going to jail', you'd be right.

I had jury duty. I got it postponed. I forgot...about the postponement. Now they've sent me a letter saying I could go to jail.

Yes, I am an idiot. But look, I was busy, REALLY BUSY at work. 80% of my income goes to the kid's daycare, plus I drop them off in the morning, pick them up at night, I live the life of a single mother. If I get on a case, I can't work. If I can't work, I can't pay for daycare. If I can't pay for daycare, my kids stay home, and who exactly is supposed to take care of them if I get on a case?

The court does not consider this 'an excuse' to get out of jury duty. That's fine, but...ugh. What am I supposed to do? I sure as hell don't want to go to jail, especially since the Kid asked me, "Does the policeman put you in jail for eating poop?" Good lord, I don't want that cell mate.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Two different friends of mine have shown up to jury duty with their kids saying they had no day care that day. (One of them literally did not). They were happily sent away. You did NOT hear that from me though!

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Just throw the letter out, unless they have you sign for it they can't even prove you got the summons.

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

I told them I was the primary caregiver for my son and then they delayed it until he was school age and promptly sent me a letter.

Hope it all works out.

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Um, do the kids know how to edit features? If so, I'll hire them while you go to jury duty.

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home