Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What has 12 arms, 12 legs and 12 eyes?
A dozen pirates.

My creativity is back in full swing. I just need a purpose, you see? There are a lot of birthdays/occasions coming up, so now I have a reason to make things. Which gets the ol' brain wheels a turning.

My kids are growing up. They are moving on up, to older classrooms and new teachers. I thought the transition would be hard for the Kid, since he is painfully shy - but he has welcomed the experience with open arms. He's much friendlier and talkative with other children now, I think it's cause these new kids are older. He's pretty advanced for his age, so I think this is for a better fit.

He is leaving behind his most favorite of teachers, so I made her a gift. She LOVES her some pirate skulls - which at first I thought would be hard for me to work with, cause the skull thing? Not very...me. But I found some cute fabric, and made her a lined tote bag. She was thrilled.

I did it all in a couple of hours because I worked late all week and I ran out of time. Don't ask me for the pattern - I don't use patterns, I never have. That's one thing checked off my list. Now on to the other millions of things I need to do...

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

great tote! um, the skulls are interesting!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

That's awesome looking. My sis and I have a total pirate thing going - I bet she'd love something like that. Wonder if I could find some pirate fabric ... hmmm...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Marci said...

I'm not really into the skull thing either, but... THAT is CUTE!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger My Little Corner said...

Excellent job on the bag and a very unique gift - not the usual end of the school year teacher's gift. I'm sure she'll love it!
I know I do!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Very, very cute!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So, if I can score some of that hamster fabric and pay you with pie and Skittles....???

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home