Thursday, June 21, 2007

You burned your foot, on a Foreman Grill?

I've got answers, but be forewarned...they are wordy answers.

Jodi:
“nuking green beans”
Actually, I do have some advice for microwaving green beans. Put your beans in a microwave safe dish, pour about 2 Tablespoons of water over them. Sprinkle with some lemon pepper. Seal tight with plastic wrap. Use a fork to punch a few holes in the top. Microwave. It’s good. Really.

Jen:
“Do you have a good creme brulee recipe? Roth recently made one from the Joy of Cooking that tasted like poo.”
Number one, I do not advise eating poo. Number two, funny you should ask – but my friend makes the BEST CRÈME BRULEE EVER. Seriously. She adapted the recipe from “Kincaid’s of Hawaii” and I’m telling you, it’s perfection. Mind you, I tried to do it myself and it didn’t come out as great. She is truly the crème brulee master. Recipe, HERE.

Yvett:
Have you used any other kinds of sausage? (for the muffins)
You can use any kind, really – just make sure you chop it up small and drain it well. Chorizo and eggs sounds delicious right now.

Evelyn:
Do you have an easy, tasty recipe for a cake that I can make?
First of all, thank you for delurking. 10 points to you. Indeed I do have an EASY recipe. If you are not a baker – as you said yourself - then go with something simple. That is, a cake that doesn’t need frosting. Also…*sigh*….use box mix. Ugh. I just barfed in my mouth a little. Kidding. No, really, I hate box mix with a passion of a 1000 burning suns, but I get why people use it. (By people I mean Nanette and Myra who I constantly reprimand for doing so.) Here’s the thing, if you are going to use box mix, at least add to it, so as to make it not so…box mixy. This is a super simple recipe that even I, “Queen Hater of all box mix” (see my business card) will approve of. Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake.

Yum-e:
How long do you boil a frozen boneless chicken breast?
That’s not a silly question. A silly question is, “Why does Rachael Ray have her own tv show?” Answer: I dunno, but I wish the show was interactive so I could punch her in the face.

As far as the chicken, here’s the trick. DO NOT THROW THE FROZEN CHICKEN INTO A POT OF STILL WATER. (Like my mother in law does. *sigh* Kill me.) Bring a pot of water to a boil, first. Then toss in the sucker, frozen and all, and it should take approx, 10-12 minutes - dependingon the size of your breasts. (HA!) Now, most boneless chicken breasts are boiled only to be shredded, like for enchiladas or chicken long rice. Therefore, just take some tongs and hack away at it at the 10 minute mark, just to make sure it’s no longer pink in the middle. You’re going to shred it anyway. However, if you are going to just eat a plain boiled chicken breast? EW. Don’t invite me over for dinner, thanks.

There you have it. Answers. A whole bunch of them. I hope that was informative! Now I am off to make myself a root beer slush. Mmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Gasp! The Box Mix Mafia is actually *suggesting* a box mix? Wow!

(That's totally the name of our new band, by the way.)

Friday, June 22, 2007 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Thanks for going to the trouble. I wasn't really asking (not cooking, you see), but making a joke about that time I emailed you and asked how to microwave green beans. Because I am that daft. Eek.

Friday, June 22, 2007 1:39:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Not only do I use box mix, but then I spread can frosting on it and top it with those sprinkles that look like, gasp, polka dots!

If you're still answering questions, what's the difference between cupcakes, muffins and biscuits?

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Evelyn said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. I will try it and let you know how it went. I'm excited to know what the hubby will think!

Thanks Jenn!!

Friday, June 22, 2007 7:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home