Sunday, July 22, 2007

Best Week Ever

I went to a party this weekend, which is rare for me. I met people I knew and people who...knew of me. It was nice. I took a Watermelon Bombe, cause hey, a melty bowl of ice cream is the best hostess gift....ever...? Hm. Also - check out how many times this picture has been viewed. Insane.

Let me tell you about this upcoming week. It's going to be CRAZY.

1. The in-laws arrive for a month's stay. Look out for posts on, 'What my MIL has broken today,' 'What new racist word they've used for any minority that isn't them,' 'How insanely fat I've become and how can I even stand myself.'

2. The annual COMIC CON trip. I rarely say where I am going, but I am telling you now, I will be there. Find me in the sea of 150,000 other nerds, I dare you. I had to give back my table for this year, but I am SO prepared...for next year. Damn, I'm a poor planner.

3. Two days away from my kids. Which is a relief but slightly sad when they hold on to the gate and shake it a la King Kong while screaming, "Don't leave me, I love you!" It makes me sad, but it also makes me feel like a zookeeper.

4. This week I am making cookies. Some of you will get them. Some of you will not. But for those of you who like free stuff I do have another one of my famous (not really) giveaways planned. It's not cookies. It's not stationery. It's good stuff. It'll be sometime next month. I'm sure you can guess when.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

You should get some sort of prize for a photo that's been viewed over 1K times and doesn't have boobs in it.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

First of all, I would slit my veins if my MIL would stay here for 1 day let alone one month!!! Good luck with that.

2nd, why not cookies as prizes???? I love me some cookies!

Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It was a fun party and I'm glad you decided not to just hide in the corner behind big glasses like you'd threatened.

See you in San Diego, Nerd!

Monday, July 23, 2007 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

You'll be the one in the humid Wookie costume?!?

Gotcha. See ya there.

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home