Thursday, July 26, 2007

...but that's OK, because she was old and she would have died anyway...

If I died tomorrow, it wouldn't matter much. I wouldn't be missed really - anyone can do what I do, I'd probably be easily replaced at my job too, things would go on.

Except for toast. I am the Queen of toast. I make it so that it is perfectly browned. Crispy outside, chewy inside. I butter it ever so slightly - just for flavor, nothing more. Then I sprinkle it with just the right amount of sugar - so you get a sweet crunch in every bite. After that, I cut out perfect little shapes - per whatever cookie cutter my sons have their hearts set on that day.

I am good at making toast. Yep, there's no one like me.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I'd miss you a lot if you were gone. :(

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Oh, Nanette. You must love toast.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous John said...

Don't understimate your contribution. But sugar on toast? Really? Is that the norm?

Marmalade's the thing: Frank Cooper's Thick Cut Oxford Breakfast Marmalade...

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:43:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I enjoy the 99 Ranch thick cut toast. Almost perfectly square.

I'm trying to recall The Smiths song but my brain cells are dead this morning.

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn @ RMC said...

I would miss you because I love your blog (it's the first one I check everyday!). But then again, I LOVE toast. :)

Friday, July 27, 2007 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I DO love toast! I have it almost every morning, although I don't have any one to cut it into fun shapes for me.

Friday, July 27, 2007 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Of course you'd be missed. Who would make fun of all the box mix bakers?

Friday, July 27, 2007 3:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Poppy said...

Have you ever tried furikake on toast with just a bit of butter? It is my faaaaaavourite afternoon snack. p.s. I'd miss your LA-synchrasies.

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger mrsmogul said...

I love the plate! My husband just made me a grilled cheese sandwich and he needs LESSONS!! Toast teacher he needs!

Saturday, July 28, 2007 9:36:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

You got more comments about your toast then you did about amputating your leg.

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home