Monday, July 16, 2007

egg on yo face

Wow, I can't believe so many people don't have eggs with expiration dates. I must have robot eggs. AWESOME. Or I shop at Trader Joes. Whatever.

Jen asks:
"what do you consider the top few/requited kitchen appliances?"
Well - to me, if you use it often (once a month or so) then it's a necessity...to you. What I use often? My blender - about once a month. My ice cream maker - once every couple of weeks. My toaster oven - every day. My waffle maker (er, I have three of them) - twice a week.

Things that are collecting dust in my cabinets: shave ice machine, deep fryer, juicer. I am not a fan of tons of appliances, believe it or not. And I kind of winced when I got the soft serve ice cream maker as a gift. But I learned to make the most of it by bringing it out at EVERY DAMN PARTY EVER. So if you love your 1989 breadmaker more than life itself, then it's a necessity...to you. Otherwise, don't buy into the hype. You can probably get away with about 5 extraneous appliances, tops.

Emily asks:
"oatmeal snickerdoodle recipes - two ingredients were missing: baking soda and cream of tartar. Are they not needed due to the addition of oatmeal?"
Oatmeal has nothing to do with it. While I am surprised about the baking soda, not so much about the cream of tartar. There must be some sort of acid in there, I'd have to see the entire recipe to really figure out what is up.

"How do you organize your recipes?"
I had that same loose recipes problem. It was a nightmare. Now, all of my recipes are on the computer. Welcome to the future. They are organized by category: beef, chicken, etc. Or with subcategories. Under 'Desserts' - cakes, cookies, breads, etc. I also go through my cookbooks and put post-its on all the recipes that look good so that I can find them easier the next time. That's a no brainer, just thought I'd share.

Thanks for all the questions, it's always fun answering them. Send me more anytime. I'm sure I'll be back with some riveting content tomorrow. Talking about stuff like: Can you believe that "Next Food Network Star" episode ender last night?? Holy crap! I just tivo'ed everything and marathoned it all until last night and WOW. At first I wanted the French lady to win...then she seemed snotty, but the other one has way big toothy gum smile, I don't think I want to see that on HDTV....so I am back to the French gal...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Caleb said...

In my opinion one and all should browse on this.
mental illness test | hair sticks | antibiotics list

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home