Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's the bombe diggity.

While it may sound like I'm a food snob, I am not. Any peek into my living room window at 10pm will show you that a bag of Funyuns and root beer equals dinner. When I lament the world's use of box mix it's because of the ingredients. If you are going to bake, you should use quality ingredients.

Except for the occasional spam musubi, I like to make sure that my kids are eating things that aren't man-made or god forbid, made in China. I mean good lord, none of the stuff that comes out of there is regulated and read this article, it's ALL going into our food. It's not that hard to cook with food that doesn't use triglycerides as it's main ingredient.

What I am a fan of, is the Breyers brand of ice cream. Simply for their simple ingredient philosophy. Check out these ingredients. Not bad. So I bought ice cream this week for my annual 4th of July ice cream bomb. Only the good stuff, I assure you. (Also, if you've watched Alton Brown, you know that cheap ice cream melts faster because it's all air. Gross.) Like I said. I don't make everything from scratch, I'm not Amish for Christ's sakes, I just don't like box mix.
Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe recipe, HERE.
Happy 4th.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 5:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenifer said...

I'm an ice cream snob too and I believe that you should be able to read the ingredients of something you eat (most of the time I hold true to this philosophy). I love the bomb! So, Martha of you.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 6:49:00 AM  
Anonymous dee said...

That would have been great for our 4th of july bbq. Lets just say many single guys + bbq + alchohal = too much meat and chicken but NO dessert! Good thing I remembered the Beard Papa.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home