Sunday, July 08, 2007

That's Italian!

July must be the month for birthdays. We have a party every weekend. I'm not really a fan of gift wrap, unless it's a pattern that I truly love. I bought a big roll of butcher paper for $25 that I usually use for everything. That was...5 years ago. I still have a ton left! I love it! It's great for arts and crafts, mailing packages, and gift wrap. I like to keep it minimal white, with some nice ribbon. But if I am going to a kids party, I usually grab some crayons and let the boys have at it. Of course, I can't help drawing a few things on there myself. Hey, it's fun.

I had a lot of time to myself this weekend, meaning the kids took EXTRA long naps, which was awesome. Time alone meant I could finally watch the Food Network in peace. I also went through my cookbooks and tagged a bunch of recipes and made a few too.

I have been meaning to tackle Giada's Everyday Italian for some time. I made her Pasta with Asparagus, Mozzarella and Prosciutto. Man, was it easy, and the kids LOVED it. They ate a ton of it, which is always a plus. I like Giada. She doesn't annoy me in that Rachel Ray way - for one thing, Giada can actually cook.
Pasta w/Asparagus, Mozzarella and Prosciutto. Recipe, HERE.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

I still like Nigella and her attitude toward food. I'm glad she finally got on foodtv.

butcher paper cute. my son does that same basic thing with envelopes and cards. you just couldn't bear to part with em.

Sunday, July 08, 2007 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I use cardboard paper for everything, it looks terrific and I let the kids draw or stamp on it for their friend's birthdays.

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:38:00 AM  
Anonymous DC said...

Do you think you could substitute fresh green beans for the asparagus? (Don't laugh. Okay, go ahead and laugh.)

Monday, July 09, 2007 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

i like giada too!

Monday, July 09, 2007 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

My boyfriend made this for me Saturday night sans prusciutto and mozarella and it was wonderful! I'm pretty sure he didn't get it from a Giada recipe book, though...although he might be hiding it from me...she's pretty hot....

Hmm, now I've made it sound like my boyfriend pleasures himself to cookbooks...that is *so* not true....

Monday, July 09, 2007 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

1. Not a fan of asparagus. Might make it with just meat 'n cheese.

2. Your kid still NAPS!? What the hell.

3. I remember naps. Ahhh, naps.

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

One of my favorite recipes of hers is the lemon spaghetti...so simple, yet so good!!

Monday, July 09, 2007 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You cook the asparagus in the same water as the pasta?

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:42:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

DC: You can subsitute green beans for the asparagus, just throw them in the boiling water.

Kim: Yes, cook it in the same water. Actually it speeds up the boiling water for the pasta, so watch it - or you'll get soggy overcooked pasta. EW.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Seriously, what is it about summer? I don't have a free weekend 'til after Labor Day! Only all my stuff is babies and weddins.

That pasta looks good. But I need someone organized to come make it for me.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 7:37:00 AM  
Anonymous dee said...

Love Giada, but it amazes me every time that her head looks bigger than her entire body.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home