Thursday, July 19, 2007

My fashion sense is a little whack, and my friends are just as screwy as me

It's a blogger's paradise out here. I just realized that over the next few weeks, various events will have me hanging out with other blog-world people. Some I know, some I don't. I think for me, it's kind of disconcerting, only because I go to great lengths to make sure that no one knows who I am. It's like a witness protection program, only no one's looking for me.

So when I meet these people, I tend to just sit in the corner and keep quiet. Cueing people to say, "You aren't nearly like what I thought you were from you blog." Er...thanks? I guess you looked me up on the internet and found out that I swear like a sailor did you? The funny thing is, nothing seems to piss people off more than when they find out that I cook/sew/design things every night, after my day job and the kids. What is so wrong about that? I don't know what it is but people get violently angry. Hey man, just because you spend your time watching crap tv, don't get on my ass about how I waste my time.

I watch crap tv too, fo' schizzle. I watched the Beckham: Coming to America special and loved it. And not just because I love me some big ass sunglasses. The show made me laugh, I love seeing my city on display and her giant boobs didn't scare me. I mean, the woman had 3 kids. After two kids, I am in need of some serious plastic surgery too, trust me.

So if you happen to see me in the next few weeks - stop and say hi. I'm not all that awful. I'll be the girl in the corner wearing the big ass sunglasses.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Jenn, I think I'm gonna meet you tomorrow night. Finally!

Friday, July 20, 2007 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

See you tomorrow, I hope. I think you will be so popular that I might not get a chance to talk to you!

Friday, July 20, 2007 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

When are you coming to see me?

Friday, July 20, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous John said...

You mean you have heard of Beckham? I thought it was just the British press hyping him into overdrive as usual! Good old Posh Spice: she's such a card isn't she?

Friday, July 20, 2007 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I'm not mad at you for doing all that sewing, cooking, designing stuff after you put the kiddies to bed ... what I am is insanely jealous. I cannot manage my time like that or else I just need way too much sleep or something. Yay for you though. ;)

Friday, July 20, 2007 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I was going to say the same as Jess, I'm not mad, I'm jealous.

About Posh, I soooo wanted to hate her then she went and made that show looking all cute. I have to admit I kind of like her now.

Friday, July 20, 2007 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

The real question is when are you coming to see ME?

And I'm calling you Crafty Spice from now on.

Friday, July 20, 2007 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

"....look at all those little people, how far are they?!?! oh wait, they are not far at all, they are in fact, little people..."

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:39:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

"but wot if I make them lose?"

"um...I don't think it counts".

yeah, got roped into watching it. trying not to puke for actually enjoying it.

Monday, July 23, 2007 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home