Thursday, July 05, 2007

On the stairs, I smoke a cigarette below
Mexican kids are shootin' fireworks below

Does everyone have the day off after the holiday, but me?? Man. Unfair.

You know that woman who takes her kids to the movies and like right in the middle they start acting up and you want to scream, "Hey you kids, shut the f*ck up!" Yeah. That was me. The WOMAN, not the yeller! Yikes. I took the kids to see Ratatouille and all was good, until about 1.5 hours in. Dammit, I wish that movie was shorter or there were no previews cause then I coulda been home free. But no, the kids weren't having it and we disturbed the whole place and I felt like an a-hole. Great.
Better times than the movie was going to my Uncle's annual 4th of July BBQ. Previous years we have had a root beer taste test, hot dog taste test...this year was BBQ Potato Chip Taste Test. There were 7 unmarked bags of chips and believe it or not the winner was Target Archer Farms brand. Huh. Go figure. Crappiest? Ralphs brand and Lay's KC Masterpiece. Interesting stuff. I am now completely over bbq potato chips. Who knows what we'll eat next year.

More 4th of July pics, HERE.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Nope, I had to work the day after. And I often have to work on actual holidays. Since I did Memorial Day and am doing Labor Day, I got the actual 4th off (but had to take vacation time for it...WTF?)

I loved Ratatouille. Far better than some of the other crap I've endured lately.

Friday, July 06, 2007 9:48:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Everyone I knew who works worked. I even got pictures of my favorite baby looking tired and cranky in daycare:).

Friday, July 06, 2007 2:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home