Monday, July 02, 2007

What is it you need, that makes your heart bleed, do you really know? Cause it doesn't show

Hey. Being at home is boring, I gotta say. I got nothin' goin' but answering questions around here.

DC said:
"So, you're probably a root beer connoisseur! What is your favorite/what do you recommend?"
One year at my Uncle's house we did a 'blind' root beer taste test. He got 20 different kinds, we tried them all (labels hidden) and believe it or not A&W was the winner. It's a generally good sweet taste that satisfies all palettes, so all in all it's a fine, fine root beer.

If given the choice, I always go with a bottled root beer. It has better flavor, better carbonation. My favorite of all brands (and believe me I've tried a TON) is Henry Weinhard's. It is the perfect taste with the perfect bite. Really just smooth and tasty. Especially when ICE COLD. Dear lord, I could do with one right now. It's damn hot!

Joyce said:
"have you ever tried making those microwave mochi recipes? if you have, did they turn out okay?"
Hrm. I am not a fan of microwave cooking anything. This from the girl who took microwave cooking classes in the 80s. Yes I did. With my leggings and belted sweater, thank you very much. So, no. I have not tried it. Stovetop, oven, yes and yes. I keep meaning to see if the microwave will be just as good, but I haven't stepped up to the challenge. Let me know.

Myra said:
Not only do I use box mix, but then I spread can frosting on it and top it with those sprinkles that look like, gasp, polka dots!
Myra. DEAR F*ING GOD. Step away from the bake mix aisle, please. I will be your personal baker if you'd just stop using that crap. Look at the ingredients in that can of frosting! Just eat a plate of garbage and call it a day.

...what is the difference between cupcakes, muffins and biscuits?

Cupcakes are basically little cakes. Sweet, moist, delicious. Topped with a well deserved dollop of sugary frosting* (see above question).
Muffins
are more bread like. Same shape, same pan, but while they can be sweet, they can also be fruity, savory and nutty. Meaning, you most likely wouldn't eat a bacon onion cheese cupcake, but you would eat a bacon onion cheese muffin. Make sense?
Biscuits are again, bread like, but breads use yeast (someday I will regale you with my hatred of yeast) biscuits do not. Most biscuits use baking powder or baking soda to give it that chemical reaction. Biscuits are usually soft with a slightly harder crust. I like mine with butter and honey. Some people - usually Southerners eat them with gravy. OH. And fried chicken. OH and mashed potatoes. Damn I am starving.

If you have any more food/cooking questions, send them my way. I'll give you the best answer I've got filed into the useless space that is my head.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jenifer said...

I can't wait to have a real kitchen again (one with counters - never let a man pick out an apartment) so that I can make biscuits. Having been raised in the South, biscuits are a part of my soul. Especially the ones with sausage gravy.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

To be fair, diglycerides, polysorbate 60 and potassium sorbate are delicious.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 4:10:00 PM  
Blogger Waist High said...

Your full time reader in Portland would like to say GOOD ANSWER! Henry Weinhard's is the best!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 8:42:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

So I found some mochi at Trader Joe's - it was pretty good. Do you have any recommendations on the best store bought mochi? I live in the southeastern US. It hasn't really caught on here yet...

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 5:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Mmm...mochi...

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Joachim said...

Thanks for this article, pretty helpful piece of writing.
Montreal airport | hot tub sex | peanut butter fudge

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home