Monday, July 09, 2007

You were the baby of the class you know, you really didn't know that one and one was two, two and two were four

I made chicken tacos for dinner. I have to show you this awesome mini iceberg lettuce I bought at Trader Joe's. SOOO CUTE. I can't stand it. The perfect size to cut up for tacos with no leftovers.
So, when I picked up the Kid from school today, the teacher took me aside and said that the Kid was amazing. The table was scattered with match game puzzle pieces, and apparently he had matched up all of the pieces in just a matter of minutes. He had about 20 matched in front of him. I noticed the other kids were struggling to find just one match.

He's always been good with puzzles, when he was just under 2 years old he could do a 30 piece puzzle in no time flat. The teacher says that I should watch him, and that this is a sign that he'll excel in math. NERD. Oops. Was that out loud? This sort of scares the crap out of me. Now I have a mini Rainman on my hands. I feel like throwing cheetos on the floor and asking him to count them.

Meanwhile, the Baby has decided that wearing pants on his head - so that he looks like a mini Jar Jar Binks* - is an excellent idea...ALL DAY LONG. Good lord. Looks like his brother will be supporting the two of us later in life, with his excellent math skillz.

*Hello. Who's the nerd now with that reference?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Ummm... are you sure that isn't enhanced and lettuce head you're feeding your kids? Sure it's from Trader Joe's but maybe the lettuce fell through the cracks.

I recall an episode of Gilligan's Island where everyone ate radio active veggies and as a direct result of eating them, Gilligan had super strength, Marianne had super eye sight, etc.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I loved that episode. I wanted the super eyesight. Then I got lasik and it came true.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Maybe the radioactive veggies you're feeing your kids is giving them super intelligence - or super pants-on-their-head action.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:00:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

I'll take wearing pants on my head over doing puzzles everytime!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Nerds are cool.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home