Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Your shame is never...ending.
Just one psychological drama after another

Hey, you thought yesterday's post was depressing, it doesn't get any better today, yay! No, it's not a 'woman' thing. I just feel...down. I think because I have a block. Not an Immodium block, a creative block.

I feel like I've hit a wall creatively and I can't seem to climb my way out of it. I have a million sketches in my head but when I am faced with a blank slate...I just sit there. I've been staring at this same blank page for 2 hours. I guess I was hoping that something would magically appear. It hasn't.

I have a deadline looming. I feel like crying. The only thing keeping me happy is making TONS of these:
I found these itty bitty mini Nilla Wafers at the market. Mini doesn't describe it, these things are near invisible. So cute and tiny. I put a mini scoop of ice cream inside and made teeny ice cream sandwiches. Come over if you want some, I don't even eat them, I just make them. TONS OF THEM. I think I keep hoping that if I make enough of them, my creative block will clear up. So far...I am knee deep in these things. ~sigh~

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger My Little Corner said...

You know, I think there's something in the air because I've been feeling restless too, and I know others are feeling the same way as well. Hang in there. Just keep repeating "and this too shall pass".... and watch your kids play, blissfully unaware of the ugly world that exists so we can find joy in the small things. You are not alone.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

I'm feeling somewhat scooped out as well. Harumph.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:23:00 AM  
Anonymous ally said...

I hate creative blockage. Is there a space in the city that inspires you? Sometimes when I need a jolt of inspiration I'll sit in a chair in the outdoor court at LACMA with some blank pages; or I take as many craft books as I can down to the beach and go through them. That probably doesn't make much sense...but it helps me sometimes... I just finished 5 weeks of teaching art to 86 K-1 graders. My creativity - and energy - is sapped. I kinda know how you feel...

P.S. Can I send a messenger to pick up some of those ice cream sandwiches? They look delicious. Ice cream would make me feel better...

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:37:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

well, I've had about all the touchie feelies I can stand for a week. pass some of them there sam'wiches please.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger nita said...

um. dammit. now i MUST have those little sandwiches!

the whole deadline thing messes with your creativity mojo. but i have advice - just get going. throw down *something* on paper and bemoan how it sucks. fix it. then retool it. hee hee. retool. anyway, your stuff is amazing, that's why you have a deadline in the first place. just git going and stop eating sugar crashes!

oh, hi. i'm nita!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I think I can relate. There's a reason why I didn't have a new book this year...ugh...hang in there! At least you are doing creative things with food.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 6:34:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

those are the cutest little things!

i can relate on the creative front-- some days are just hard.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

Those are CUTE!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger carl r said...

Funny blog here.

Nilla Wafers, with Duncan Hines vanilla frosting, are the best.

They got me through my last year of college.

Friday, August 03, 2007 5:22:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I just heard of frosting on grahm crackers. and here I wasted all those years eating peanut butter on apples...

hey my dinner was recently
1 slice of cheddar
3 dill pickles (with sugar added)
3 smores

not together. no, I'm not pregnant, just unmarried:).

Saturday, August 04, 2007 5:13:00 AM  
Anonymous sexleksaker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home