Thursday, August 30, 2007

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Where to begin.
The bad? I got a call from the school. The teacher was panicked, near tears. She frantically explained that the Kid was sick, horribly swollen. His entire face had doubled in size and she thought his throat was going to close up. What would you do? My Kid was dying, so I freaked out and drove to the school nearly killing myself and everyone in my path.

The ugly. When I got there...he was happy. Nibbling on cheeze-its. A-ok. Until...he turned around. Holy crap. He looked like one of those Geico cavemen. I couldn't look at him cause I kept laughing, yet wanting to cry...but laughing. He was a sad, sad sight. And apparently he had looked even WORSE before I got there. Good god. No wonder she panicked.

Since he was alive, just ugly, I decided to pass on going to Emergency, because for god's sakes it's like our second home already. Instead...I took him back to work with me. I know, crazy. But I had a deadline and wtf, were they going to complain cause I brought my Kid in, I was working! After I finished up, I went BACK to school to grab the Baby, then headed to the doctor. What's wrong with the Kid?.....nothing. They can't isolate what's wrong with him, but I swear I don't have the energy to go through this every week. The Kid did think my office was fun so I guess I can always stuff him under my desk if need be.I saved the good for last. Why? Because why end on a sad note. One bright spot in my day was getting a HUGE bouquet at work. Not your everyday flower bouquet, oh no. This was a chocolate dipped fruit bouquet and goddam was it gigantic. Who would send me this though? I NEVER get gifts like this, and to my office? I read the card and nearly fell on the floor. It was from the contractor on my job. It is, dare I say, one of the nicest things I've ever gotten.

The fruit was fresh and delicious and the chocolate, oh...so...good. And jesus christ, they spared no expense. He bought the BIG one. Even a fruit bat would pass out at the sight of it.

Now my little caveman is sleeping and any day that ends in chocolate dipped fruit is a-ok in my book.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Yum-e said...

Dang! Nice basket! And all chocolate dipped, holy moly.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

So sorry to hear about what happened to the Kid...I hope he's okay. I still can't imagine him looking like a Geico caveman though! Must've been scary...

Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Awww...you're a great mom. And I'm sure the Kid was perfectly content at your office. He's seriously the world's best behaved little boy. You gave him a club so he could find a cave girl to hit on the head and drag around, right?

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:40:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Holy moly, hope he's okay now! That sounds terrifying.

Friday, August 31, 2007 1:19:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

Poor Kid, poor you1 I hope you're both okay. Although with the amount of vitamins radiating from that amazing fruit basket, I'm sure you'll all live to be 105.

Friday, August 31, 2007 3:14:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Caveman Boy...the new spinoff the the caveman show. Hope he gets better!

Friday, August 31, 2007 5:18:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

Sorry to hear about what happened to the Kid. Hope you find out why this is happening to him. Awesome on the fruit basket (you deserve it!). Watch your mail ;)

Friday, August 31, 2007 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Awww, poor Kiddo. I hope he's feeling better and that his face isn't swollen any more.

That picture of the fruit arrangement is making me drool...

Friday, August 31, 2007 12:24:00 PM  
Anonymous t.o. said...

you missed an opportunity to visit your favorite place? glad he is alright. the basket looks sooo delish!

Friday, August 31, 2007 1:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home