Thursday, August 09, 2007

How was your trip? FASCIST!

Man, I never should have taken those days off. Going back to work has been tough. I just think about long lunches and lazing about.

I went to Beverly Center and looked at shoes. I saw the cutest pair ever, that I was sure were going to be mine, til I flipped them over. $300. Fergetit. Instead I headed over to Cook's Library and spent two hours there, looking through cookbooks.

There are very specific things I look for when I buy a cookbook. It has to have full, lovely, color pictures, I like to see the food. It has to use good fonts. I am a font whore, you know. And most importantly, I need to be able to randomly turn to at least five pages and be able to cook those recipes easily. Meaning, the cookbook is usable. Here are the ones I picked up:

I could have probably got some of them cheaper on the internet, but I could tell that the store was struggling a bit. I mean, a store that only sells cookbooks, who the hell is going to go there? Besides me. Ha. I certainly didn't spend enough to make up for my heartwrenching loss of the $300 shoes, but it could have been worse. I could have bought THESE $355 mouse shoes instead:*Yes, I had my camera with me. The shoesalesman at the very expensive store was not happy with me.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Procrastamom said...

But how could he deny you the pic? They're mouse shoes!

I've always wondered what it would be like to buy $300 shoes. I wonder if I'd ever be able to bring myself to spend that much on one pair...even if I won the lottery, I probably couldn't do it.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

I love those mouse shoes.

Shut up. I don't cook.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:31:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

$355? Sheesh, get me a glue gun and I'll make a pair.

Friday, August 10, 2007 12:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

That's how I pick a cookbook, too! I mean, really, how can one be expected to make something without seeing what it looks like first?

Friday, August 10, 2007 5:45:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I agree 100% with Myra!

$355?!?!?!? Those are for adults, right? I mean like not for a toddler girl. People wear those?Geesh.

Friday, August 10, 2007 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Why are you always right by my house but you never call, never come over?

Friday, August 10, 2007 1:05:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

we all love the mouse shoe pic at my house. I have a friend that has some $300ish camper/twins - the sunglasses. Unfortunately for everyone she knows, she has Paris Hilton sized feet...

Friday, August 10, 2007 3:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home