Monday, August 13, 2007

I know I'm right, for the first time in my life.
Thats why I tell you, you'd better be home soon.

I love this picture of the Baby. He is insane.

I looked in the real estate section today. Houses in my area are going for 1.2 million. That is reedickulous. We will never be able to move. Ever.

So instead I am going to fix up the joint. I hate clutter, although you'd never know it by all the kid's crap in my living room. But I do my best to use storage solutions to attempt to hide it all. Let's just say, I have a lot of storage.

In my house, you do not wear shoes indoors. It's not about respect, or being asian, it's about me not wanting to vacuum sh*t up off the dirty stank ground every two minutes thanks, basically. Therefore I have tons o' shoes in my entryway and it KILLS ME. There's nothing I hate more than looking at piles of shoes, and this from a woman who loves shoes.
So I bought a bench. For you to sit on when you put on your shoes. With baskets underneath to HIDE said shoes until you leave. Use it. Or I will throw your shoes out in the street. Yes that goes for you too, BABY.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

this house which is secretly near my house.

Monday, August 13, 2007 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I thought that link would tell me where you bought said bench and baskets!

Sadly, we have the same shoe/storage issue.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:27:00 AM  
Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

Gasp! I SO need that! I also have a billion shoes in my entryway!

I've never understood why people wear shoes at home. Makes zero sense.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Crap! I think I left my shoes on at your house. Did I? I'm so sorry if I did. I'm now banned aren't I?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Phyllis: Isn’t this fun, not wearing shoes?
Angela: I wish some of us still had our shoes on.
Kevin: Stop it. It’s a disease. I’ve … told you.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:26:00 PM  
Anonymous ally said...

I love this bench. I want one. I bought the best 4-tiered free-standing shoe rack at Big Lots which fits perfectly by the door, but alas, it has no seating on it. So every morning finds me at the front door either hopping up and down to put my shoes on or plopping myself on the floor; and my mom wonders why I wear flip flops every day...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home