Monday, August 27, 2007

I was hoping to dress like Prince if he was just going to the zoo, or the supermarket. Casual Prince.

Per the usual around here, I got nothing for my birthday. Once I put these kids to work in a sweatshop, maybe then they'll buy me something, dammit. Or make me something. MWAHAH!

So, I bought myself birthday gifts. Lately I have been really into dresses. It is rare for me to find ones that fit, but this season all the dresses are fitted at the bust and hit nicely above the knee, and they don't look so tent-y on me. Everything I bought was black, of course. I like to dress 'sexy funeral'. I have been buying up every single one that fits cause I know that once this season ends, it's back to dresses for boob-less skinny chicks, then I'm screwed.

I was thrilled to see the new line of Dominque Cohen jewelry at Target. Yes, it's Target, but who gives a damn, it's affordable. The pieces are well made, and quite pretty. I picked up a few necklaces that I just love.

When Fresh stopped making my hair paste I freaked out. Nothing could make my hair smell as nice or keep the craziness at bay. Then the girl at Sephora talked me into Jonathan "Dirt" hair paste. I was reluctant to try it just because I only knew him as that reality tv hair guy and that his sister founded the Pussycat Dolls. Two things that do not interest me. But I gave it a go, and man, that is some good stuff. I highly suggest you all put "Dirt" in your hair.

Those were my gifts to myself. Happy birthday to me. I better write myself a thank you card.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

I love the bow necklace! And no shame in Target, that place is the best! Anyway, off to dress like Prince.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

Hey, I live in Minneapolis. Maybe I'll see Prince shopping at my Target! (riiiight)

I started buying myself a birthday present every year when I hit a big one 2 years ago --- I love my new little ritual. My husband and family give me gifts, but there's something about getting EXACTLY what I picked out myself -- and for my BIRTHDAY..such a treat.

Glad you got some good bounty!

Jeanie

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

The jewelry is awesome!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Can't believe there's something at Target I haven't seen. Those necklaces are awesome. Well happy b'day to you again ... looks like you got an excellent haul.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

My husband loves Dirt. Although, we agree that Jonathan is totally lame.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:17:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I've watched jonathan play with his dirt on home shopping...on the soup! must be good for you to use it anyway...

happy birthday.

boobs.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

great necklace. i love target. i get complements on shirts i buy there. i have a basic black button shirt that i bought there - it must be 7 years old and it's still good...
yes i buy my own b-day gifts too. the husband doesn't get me anything anymore but my sister does.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm a lurker de-lurking.

Happy (late) birthday!

Those necklaces are hot!!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:45:00 AM  
Anonymous dee said...

oh, jonathan was too fun to watch. I best was when he cried over everything and when he would look in his rearview mirror to ogle fondly at himself. Classic.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home