Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm hot cause I'm fly, you ain't cause you're not.
This is why, this is why, this is why I'm hot.

You guys can't fool me. I know you're only sticking around here cause you know I'm giving prizes away at the end of this week. You're all, "No baby, I love you for real." Right. I know your game. See you Friday.



Man, it's hot. The weird thing is, I willingly went to the Valley this weekend. Idiot. When I opened the car doors the Baby yelled, "Hot. Hooottttt. HOT!!!!" Here are some excellent ways to beat this crazy summer heat. HIT IT:

1. Frozen grapes
Freeze a ziploc full of seedless grapes and you'll have little icy bullets of grape-dy goodness. Just don't get 'em lodged in your throat.

2. Hefty Zoo Pals cups
These things are freakin' awesome. Ok, maybe I bought them more for myself than for the kids, but heck, they are cute. I was strolling down the aisle at Target and couldn't pass them up. Little animal cups, with little spout lids, perfect for a cold drink for the kids.

3. Tank tops
Good lord, I have a ton of them. In every color. Well, not bright colors. I don't wear bright colors. But I do have a lot of them. I buy them whenever I can since I wear them constantly. With work clothes, as my pjs, layered. Love me some tank tops.

4. Light salads
Not cooking anything that requires heavy lifting and/or blazing hot oven heat is a good thing. My summer go to is always Somen Salad. It's light and easy and you just throw in whatever you have in the fridge. Perfect. Somen Salad recipe, HERE.

5. Stay indoors.
As Mike mentioned, Yo Gabba Gabba is a fun time for all when it's hot out. Especially if you like Biz Markie, or Paul Frank's Julius the Monkey or of course, if you have a party in your tummy.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Lissete said...

I love frozen grapes! I hear ya on the heat... heat + humidity = cranky me!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

It sounds like that song inside my head whenever I eat.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

re: tank tops

I have to wonder. Do you layer your tank tops like they do in Battlestar Galactica? I think the top tank layer is worn backwards.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous John said...

If only we needed frozen grapes here!
Tanktops rock!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, how I wish I could wear tank tops...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous John said...

I'm trying to imagine what might prevent anyone from wearing a tanktop...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:02:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

perhaps it's cutleries in your knees.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wow. That video clip. Just wow.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

No shoulders, no tank top?

I had to look up that BSG tank top layering thing, as...I do not watch the show. I know, bad nerd. I...guess it's the same? I dunno. I like to layer my tank tops which I guess defeats the purpose as you are wearing twice the clothes...hm.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few posts back you said you were open to questions. Well, I'm a little late to the party, but I have a question. Where do you buy your fabric for all of your crafts? I love love LOVE all of the things you make and it has inspired me to start crafting again. I just recently started reading your blog and I love it.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:51:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

man oh man- I should not have watched that video clip with my 2 year old in the room- I can tell ya what we'll be watching a lot today....

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home